Posted to alt.home.repair
Vince

Default Stanley Entrance Steel Door Weather Stripping

The Stanley door was installed in spring of yr 2000. A 7 inch piece
of what appears to be rubber weather stripping at the bottom outside
edge has separated from the bottom of the door, probably due to
rubbing aginst carpetted floor.

Can this piece of weather stripping be easily replaced? Where can a
replacement part be purchsed? From Stanley ???

TNX

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

Yes, it can be replaced. Check your big box stores. Or Stanley. Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
Vince

On 11 Jan 2006 08:22:07 -0800, "tom" wrote:

Yes, it can be replaced. Check your big box stores. Or Stanley. Tom

TNX Tom. I went to the Stanley website and found a tel # for
warranty. Gave them a call, and after a relatively brief wait, a
polite gal informed me that this item is known as th sweep and that a
replacement part shall be shipped to me via UPS.

Apparently, the existing sweep should be removeable w/o taking the
door off the hinge plates. I will give that a try.

TNX again.

Bench Vise Questions (Steel vs. Iron) x Metalworking 2 September 1st 03 05:50 PM
What oil do I use to 'Temper' steel? john Metalworking 16 August 6th 03 04:07 PM
Plastering onto steel Frank Z UK diy 9 July 31st 03 02:18 PM
blue steel for carving tools? Bob Swinney Metalworking 7 July 17th 03 02:39 AM
Knife Steel FAQ updated Gunner Metalworking 9 June 27th 03 12:11 AM