Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shake and bake LA

A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this
morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for
this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning.
Still waiting for "the big one"...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:01:42 -0600
Gableking teh moron. wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this
morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed
for this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this
morning. Still waiting for "the big one"...

Couldn't happen to a nicer cesspool

+5
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Still waiting for "the big one"...

Mag 9+ occur about every 400 years. The last one was about 400 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

From the article:

In 2009, some geologists predicted a 10% to 14% probability that the
Cascadia Subduction Zone will produce an event of magnitude 9.0 or higher
in the next 50 years. In 2010, studies suggested that the risk could be
as high as 37% for earthquakes of magnitude 8.0 or higher.

Geologists and civil engineers have broadly determined that the Pacific
Northwest region is not well prepared for such a colossal earthquake.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle presented the following explanation :
A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this morning,
rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for this one, but
decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning.
Still waiting for "the big one"...

It even woke up the snorin' desert.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike Duffy wrote on 6/10/2016 :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Still waiting for "the big one"...

Mag 9+ occur about every 400 years. The last one was about 400 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

From the article:

In 2009, some geologists predicted a 10% to 14% probability that the
Cascadia Subduction Zone will produce an event of magnitude 9.0 or higher
in the next 50 years. In 2010, studies suggested that the risk could be
as high as 37% for earthquakes of magnitude 8.0 or higher.

Geologists and civil engineers have broadly determined that the Pacific
Northwest region is not well prepared for such a colossal earthquake.

Earthquake insurance is getting more and more expensive here in the
bottom half of callyphonya. Very few here have it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gableking teh moron. brought next idea :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this
morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for
this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning.
Still waiting for "the big one"...

Couldn't happen to a nicer cesspool

Don't type while hungry dumpbowl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:34:01 -0700, Eagle wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

Earthquake insurance is getting more and more expensive here in the
bottom half of callyphonya. Very few here have it.

If you look at the map in the link, you will see that Southern California
will get off lightly. It's Southern BC, Washington State and Northern
Califirnia that will be devastated.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:57:00 -0600, Gableking teh moron. wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:35:26 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Gableking teh moron. brought next idea :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this
morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for
this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning.
Still waiting for "the big one"...

Couldn't happen to a nicer cesspool

Don't type while hungry dumpbowl.

you act as if you live in the land of fruits and nuts.

No, no, no. It's the land of "granola." What ain't fruits and nuts is flakes. OK?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:07:35 -0400, Mike Duffy wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:34:01 -0700, Eagle wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

Earthquake insurance is getting more and more expensive here in the
bottom half of callyphonya. Very few here have it.

If you look at the map in the link, you will see that Southern California
will get off lightly. It's Southern BC, Washington State and Northern
Califirnia that will be devastated.

The illegal aliens will miss San Francisco ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sure hope christina el moussa of flip or flop, and her hubby dont get injured. i love the show, they now have 2 kids, and i think christina is gorgeous

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway used his keyboard to write :
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:35:26 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Gableking teh moron. brought next idea :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this
morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for
this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning.
Still waiting for "the big one"...

Couldn't happen to a nicer cesspool

Don't type while hungry dumpbowl.

you act as if you live in the land of fruits and nuts.

No, no, no. It's the land of "granola." What ain't fruits and nuts is
flakes. OK?

Living here is dangerous to the wallet, that much is sho 'nuf.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike Duffy submitted this idea :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Still waiting for "the big one"...

Mag 9+ occur about every 400 years. The last one was about 400 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

From the article:

In 2009, some geologists predicted a 10% to 14% probability that the
Cascadia Subduction Zone will produce an event of magnitude 9.0 or higher
in the next 50 years. In 2010, studies suggested that the risk could be
as high as 37% for earthquakes of magnitude 8.0 or higher.

Geologists and civil engineers have broadly determined that the Pacific
Northwest region is not well prepared for such a colossal earthquake.

Don't forget that the San Andreas fault runs right through LA and the
Inland Valley, which is My part of So. Cal. That is what will devistate
Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I am in the Inland
Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway brought next idea :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:07:35 -0400, Mike Duffy wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:34:01 -0700, Eagle wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone
Earthquake insurance is getting more and more expensive here in the
bottom half of callyphonya. Very few here have it.

If you look at the map in the link, you will see that Southern California
will get off lightly. It's Southern BC, Washington State and Northern
Califirnia that will be devastated.

The illegal aliens will miss San Francisco ;-)

So will the prancing pretty bois. 8-o
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller used his keyboard to write :
I sure hope christina el moussa of flip or flop, and her hubby dont get
injured. i love the show, they now have 2 kids, and i think christina is
gorgeous

Huh?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:05:41 -0700, Eagle wrote:

If you look at the map in the link, you will see that Southern California
will get off lightly. It's Southern BC, Washington State and Northern
Califirnia that will be devastated.

The illegal aliens will miss San Francisco ;-)

So will the prancing pretty bois. 8-o

There was a vote. San Diego got the lawyers, San Francisco got the
"queers". San Francisco had first vote.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 12:06:12 PM UTC-4, Eagle wrote:
bob haller used his keyboard to write :
I sure hope christina el moussa of flip or flop, and her hubby dont get
injured. i love the show, they now have 2 kids, and i think christina is
gorgeous

Huh?

I am a BIG fan of the tv show flip or flop. tarek and christinia live around LA, and honestly christinia is beautiful.

they buy junk home and flip them for big profits
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:04:27 -0700
Eagle wrote:

I am in the Inland
Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.

That is not where your "ancestors" settled or even
the reservation. Have you turned into a White eye?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:04:27 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Don't forget that the San Andreas fault runs right through LA and the
Inland Valley, which is My part of So. Cal. That is what will devistate
Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I am in the Inland
Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.

The San Andreas fault is but a minor spur of the Cascadia fault. The
Cascadia fault is the "Big One" that lets loose with a Mag 9+ every few
centuries, and the SA fault is just a little one that gives people
something to talk about every few years.

When (not 'if', but 'when') the big one happens, nobody will be talking
about the relatively minor damage in your part of southern California. It
will be completely overshadowed by the utter devastation further north.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller formulated the question :
On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 12:06:12 PM UTC-4, Eagle wrote:
bob haller used his keyboard to write :
I sure hope christina el moussa of flip or flop, and her hubby dont get
injured. i love the show, they now have 2 kids, and i think christina is
gorgeous

Huh?

I am a BIG fan of the tv show flip or flop. tarek and christinia live around
LA, and honestly christinia is beautiful.

they buy junk home and flip them for big profits

I've never seen that show here. What area are you living?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gableking teh moron. wrote :
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:04:27 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Mike Duffy submitted this idea :
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Still waiting for "the big one"...

Mag 9+ occur about every 400 years. The last one was about 400 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

From the article:

In 2009, some geologists predicted a 10% to 14% probability that the
Cascadia Subduction Zone will produce an event of magnitude 9.0 or higher
in the next 50 years. In 2010, studies suggested that the risk could be
as high as 37% for earthquakes of magnitude 8.0 or higher.
Geologists and civil engineers have broadly determined that the Pacific
Northwest region is not well prepared for such a colossal earthquake.

Don't forget that the San Andreas fault runs right through LA and the
Inland Valley, which is My part of So. Cal. That is what will devistate
Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I am in the Inland
Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.

I was raised in Riverside, went to Norte Vista High.

We moved to LA [El Monte] back in 1956 from the Rosebud rez. I moved to
Poway [San Diego County] in 1972 and here in 2001.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It happens that Mike Duffy formulated :
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:04:27 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Don't forget that the San Andreas fault runs right through LA and the
Inland Valley, which is My part of So. Cal. That is what will devistate
Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I am in the Inland
Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.

The San Andreas fault is but a minor spur of the Cascadia fault. The
Cascadia fault is the "Big One" that lets loose with a Mag 9+ every few
centuries, and the SA fault is just a little one that gives people
something to talk about every few years.

When (not 'if', but 'when') the big one happens, nobody will be talking
about the relatively minor damage in your part of southern California. It
will be completely overshadowed by the utter devastation further north.

Na, most of the people effected will be So. Cal residents, Los Angeles
County, San Bernardino county, riverside county and San Diego county,
so the headlines will be all about So. Cal, not the upper west.
I'm saving up to buy beach front property when the "big one" hits. I
figure most of San bernardino county will be the new continent shore
line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-06-12, Eagle wrote:

It happens that Mike Duffy formulated :

When (not 'if', but 'when') the big one happens, nobody will be talking
about the relatively minor damage in your part of southern California. It
will be completely overshadowed by the utter devastation further north.

True dat! The biggies are "further north".

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/top...s-of-all-time/

BTW, Kern County is Bakersfield and is NOT considered part of SoCal.
Also, I was there fer that one in '52.

Surfs up!! Seriously! I would watch the "waves" come in, the "waves"
being the ground swells rolling across recently plowed fields. I saw
something similar during the Loma Prieta earthquake, in which I was
also a unwilling participant.

I'm saving up to buy beach front property when the "big one" hits.

Me, too! And I now live in the CO Rockies.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am a BIG fan of the tv show flip or flop. tarek and christinia live around
LA, and honestly christinia is beautiful.

they buy junk home and flip them for big profits

I've never seen that show here. What area are you living?

I live in pittsburgh, but its a national show carried by HGTV

they also have love it or list it, in 2 versions, property brothers, and other shows. i dont pay much attention to what channel they are on since I hjave a tivo, that records them automatically

flip or flops earlier years is on netflix last time i checked......

Posted to alt.home.repair

After serious thinking bob haller wrote :
I am a BIG fan of the tv show flip or flop. tarek and christinia live
around LA, and honestly christinia is beautiful.

they buy junk home and flip them for big profits

I've never seen that show here. What area are you living?

I live in pittsburgh, but its a national show carried by HGTV

they also have love it or list it, in 2 versions, property brothers, and
other shows. i dont pay much attention to what channel they are on since I
hjave a tivo, that records them automatically

flip or flops earlier years is on netflix last time i checked.....

I checked My list of stations and yes, I have the show listed as well
as other house flipping programs. I watch it...
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob brought next idea :
On 2016-06-12, Eagle wrote:

It happens that Mike Duffy formulated :

When (not 'if', but 'when') the big one happens, nobody will be talking
about the relatively minor damage in your part of southern California. It
will be completely overshadowed by the utter devastation further north.

True dat! The biggies are "further north".

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/top...s-of-all-time/

BTW, Kern County is Bakersfield and is NOT considered part of SoCal.
Also, I was there fer that one in '52.

Surfs up!! Seriously! I would watch the "waves" come in, the "waves"
being the ground swells rolling across recently plowed fields. I saw
something similar during the Loma Prieta earthquake, in which I was
also a unwilling participant.

I'm saving up to buy beach front property when the "big one" hits.

Me, too! And I now live in the CO Rockies.

nb

I rode out a few 6+shakers here in So. Cal, including the 69 shaker
that dropped the brand new clover leave bridge complex out by the
grapevine. The ground rolled dramatically where I lived at the time
[Fullerton] and I was sure the ground was going to open up. The shaker
that took out all the bridges in LA was a fun ride for sure!