Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default OHP Uses New Device To Seize Money During Traffic Stops

You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.

That's where police can seize property and cash without first proving a person committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting them, as long as they suspect that the property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money on prepaid cards.

It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and OHP began using 16 of them last month.

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects a person may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan and seize money from prepaid cards. OHP stresses troopers do not do this during all traffic stops, only situations where they believe there is probable cause
http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/...ion-of-a-crime
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 11:06:57 AM UTC-4, burfordTjustice wrote:
You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.

That's where police can seize property and cash without first proving a person committed a crime;

allowing the police or any agent of the government to keep money from fines creates a grevious conflict of interest.

this is true at the local level and the FEDs
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2016 10:06 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.

That's where police can seize property and cash without first proving a person committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting them, as long as they suspect that the property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money on prepaid cards.

It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and OHP began using 16 of them last month.

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects a person may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan and seize money from prepaid cards. OHP stresses troopers do not do this during all traffic stops, only situations where they believe there is probable cause
http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/...ion-of-a-crime

So now these guys are thought police? They have no proof of a crime,
but they suspect a crime?

There are probably 1,000 ways this nonsense can be abused.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 10:06:57 AM UTC-5, burfordTjustice wrote:
You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.

That's where police can seize property and cash without first proving a person committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting them, as long as they suspect that the property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money on prepaid cards.

It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and OHP began using 16 of them last month.

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects a person may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan and seize money from prepaid cards. OHP stresses troopers do not do this during all traffic stops, only situations where they believe there is probable cause
http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/...ion-of-a-crime

I've always wanted to get with a printer and get him to print up some fake bills that look like but not counterfeit money. The picture on the bill would be a pig wearing a policeman's cap and the caption would read,"Pig Bucks, Suitable For Seizure By Fascist Pigs" Put a real bill on top of stacks of Pig Bucks and have a bag full of Pig Bucks with real bills on the top of the stacks with wrappers marked $1,000. When the cops seize it, demand a receipt and have a hidden camera going. You can go to court and demand your one million dollars back. Heck if I was wealthy, I could pull stunts like that. ^_^

[8~{}{ Uncle Wealthy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:44:48 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

Civil Asset Forfeiture should be used to swipe all of the Clinton Crime
Family's ill gotten gains.

Under a RICO charge/conviction -- easy peesie

Local cop, using exaggerated evidence, accessed a home electric
utility bill without a warrant. Based on faulty police work in a
warrant, they took her pot and growing operations. Last I checked she
won her case or the county appeals. State law was on her side and she
was legal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:29:13 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

When the cops seize it, demand a receipt

Tell that sum beach in no uncertain terms, Go Read the Fifth
Amendment.

Get off my lawn! GIT! Make tracks. I'll call your mommy on you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When the cops seize it, demand a receipt

Tell that sum beach in no uncertain terms, Go Read the Fifth
Amendment.

Get off my lawn! GIT! Make tracks. I'll call your mommy on you.

The cops have guns, they can do what they want and lie their asses off later. The FBI told me that the cops will back each other up. A private attorney told me that the cops are going to LIE. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Private Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When the cops seize it, demand a receipt

Tell that sum beach in no uncertain terms, Go Read the Fifth
Amendment.

Get off my lawn! GIT! Make tracks. I'll call your mommy on you.

The cops have guns, they can do what they want and lie their asses off later. The FBI told me that the cops will back each other up. A private attorney told me that the cops are going to LIE. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Private Monster

Politicians lie to. You are about to make a point?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Civil Asset Forfeiture should be used to swipe all of the Clinton Crime
Family's ill gotten gains.

Under a RICO charge/conviction -- easy peesie

Local cop, using exaggerated evidence, accessed a home electric
utility bill without a warrant. Based on faulty police work in a
warrant, they took her pot and growing operations. Last I checked she
won her case or the county appeals. State law was on her side and she
was legal.

RICO forfeiture is civil so you don't even need a charge or conviction
and it is up to the person wanting their assets back to go get them

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:29:13 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

I've always wanted [..] print up some fake bills
that look like but not counterfeit money.
[...] When the cops seize it, demand a receipt

It does not matter how 'bad' the counterfeit is. If you try to pass it off
as real money like you described above, you are breaking the law.

You would be better-advised to use stacks of $1 with $100s at each end with
wrappers marked '$10K'. That way you are not counterfeiting. I'm pretty
sure though that since this is one of the oldest tricks in the book that
they are supposed to count the bills individually before issuing a receipt.

Best would be to keep your dirty money in bitcoins and/or numbered offshore
bank accounts hidden into original cat videos via steganography. As long as
they are backed-up elsewhere, there is not much anyone can do about it.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When the cops seize it, demand a receipt

Tell that sum beach in no uncertain terms, Go Read the Fifth
Amendment.

Get off my lawn! GIT! Make tracks. I'll call your mommy on you.

The cops have guns, they can do what they want and lie their asses off later.
The FBI told me that the cops will back each other up. A private attorney
told me that the cops are going to LIE. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Private Monster

It would almost seem as if the police force today are now what used to
be called the militia. The only way such a militia can be kept well
regulated (as would be necessary for a free state) would be if the
populace could keep and bear arms. Too bad we don't have anything to
insure such rights are not infringed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 12:14:38 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:
[...]

How could it be considered counterfeit if the portrait on the bill is a pig wearing a hat and the design of the bill is nothing like genuine U.S. currency? Have you ever heard of "stage money" used in plays, TV and movies? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Stage Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Civil Asset Forfeiture should be used to swipe all of the Clinton Crime
Family's ill gotten gains.

Under a RICO charge/conviction -- easy peesie

Local cop, using exaggerated evidence, accessed a home electric
utility bill without a warrant. Based on faulty police work in a
warrant, they took her pot and growing operations. Last I checked she
won her case or the county appeals. State law was on her side and she
was legal.

RICO forfeiture is civil so you don't even need a charge or conviction
and it is up to the person wanting their assets back to go get them

I'd have to go way back. Janet Reno, Miami Dade Co., DA was the
first to use RICO convictions. Damn. I voted for a democrat for her
position. Miami was tough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When the cops seize it, demand a receipt

Tell that sum beach in no uncertain terms, Go Read the Fifth
Amendment.

Get off my lawn! GIT! Make tracks. I'll call your mommy on you.

IRS seizes accounts for what they "think" someone might
be doing. Takes years for people to get their money back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:43:53 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

How could it be considered counterfeit

Simply because you tried to pass it off as genuine. If it says $US
anywhere, it is counterfeit currency.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:44:47 -0700, Oren wrote:

Snip

RICO forfeiture is civil so you don't even need a charge or conviction
and it is up to the person wanting their assets back to go get them

I'd have to go way back. Janet Reno, Miami Dade Co., DA was the
first to use RICO convictions. Damn. I voted for a democrat for her
position. Miami was tough.

Oren, you voted for a democrat?! I'm ashamed of you, but I bet that weasel Mickey will want to start a bromance with you
after reading that. As far as I concerned you're on probation until after the election in Nov. Then you better not tell me
you voted for Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife. I'm just sayin'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:38:26 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:44:47 -0700, Oren wrote:

Snip

RICO forfeiture is civil so you don't even need a charge or conviction
and it is up to the person wanting their assets back to go get them

I'd have to go way back. Janet Reno, Miami Dade Co., DA was the
first to use RICO convictions. Damn. I voted for a democrat for her
position. Miami was tough.

Oren, you voted for a democrat?! I'm ashamed of you, but I bet that weasel Mickey will want to start a bromance with you
after reading that. As far as I concerned you're on probation until after the election in Nov. Then you better not tell me
you voted for Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife. I'm just sayin'.

Oh give me a break. I haven't always been smart. She was the Dade
Co. DA during the Cocaine Cowboy days. Cartel wars at red lights,
bombed homes, automatic-fire shoot outs a Dadeland Mall, etc.

She disappointed me when she became a Clinton acolyte and ****ed up
the Elián González and Waco cases. Spit.

....I want to know who Hillary's girlfriend is.
--
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If Hillary has a girl friend she's gotta be deaf dumb and blind, but I didn't say anything about her girlfriend. I said
"Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife." Pay attention, there will be a quiz tomorrow. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

....already know why Hillary hates blue dresses. Git with the program.

shallow well stops pumping after 5 min. then stops until I turn off and wait. Frank Price Home Repair 4 January 15th 14 12:21 AM
anti seize mark Metalworking 7 May 23rd 09 06:22 AM
Money makes money we all know that but unless you win the lottery arerich already or maybe marry into wealth, you don't have this advantage - soyou need to leverage your money. haba Electronics Repair 0 February 10th 08 06:58 PM
Money makes money we all know that but unless you win the lottery arerich already or maybe marry into wealth, you don't have this advantage - soyou need to leverage your money. haba Woodworking 0 February 10th 08 06:57 PM
Is it possible to convert an USB wire device to a bluetooth device? Frank Electronics Repair 2 December 2nd 06 02:20 AM