Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the least harmful drug?

Study: Marijuana World's Most Popular, Least Dangerous Drug
world.time.com/2013/08/.../study-marijuana-worlds-most-popular-least-dangerous-drug/
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod wrote:
Study: Marijuana World's Most Popular, Least Dangerous Drug
world.time.com/2013/08/.../study-marijuana-worlds-most-popular-least-dangerous-drug/

Dangerous to whom? The user? No idea. To others? Definitely; if the user
drives his sense of time and space is warped...no need to slow down yet,
that car he is coming up on is a block away. Whoops, no it wasn't.

Personally, I have nothing against weed. I haven't used it for 60+ years
and would not if it were legal; nevertheless, I would like to see it made
legal. Same for cocaine, heroin, speed...all drugs. Additionally, I would
like to see them readily available at a realistic cost (free of taxes).

I would lke to see those things because the "war on drugs" is an expensive
farce; it is a war that will never be won (oh, it MIGHT be won if draconian
measures such as summary execution were taken but that is not going to
happen). If all were legal and available, crime related to illegal drugs
would virtually disappear. I would also like to see very stiff penalties
for any crime committed or injury caused while under the influence of a
drug, including alcohol. By "stiff" I mean a mandatory minimum of 5 years
for a first offence,10 years for a second, etc.

Would useage increase? Why should it? Anyone that wants anything can get
it now. Being legal, the "bad boy/girl mystique" is no longer in play.
Just wanna try it? OK, but remember the stiff penalty thing...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 May 2016 12:57:00 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Dangerous to whom? The user? No idea. To others? Definitely; if the user
drives his sense of time and space is warped...no need to slow down yet,

That assumes a pot head ever speeded up ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-29, dadiOH wrote:

Dangerous to whom? The user? No idea. To others? Definitely; if the user
drives his sense of time and space is warped...no need to slow down yet,
that car he is coming up on is a block away. Whoops, no it wasn't.

Apparently, you have zero experience with driving while smoking cannabis.

There are tests being run, right now, on how cannabis use effects
driving. This cuz medical cannabis is prescribed by real doctors.

Initially, smoking drivers, are not good drivers. After awhile, they
become used to driving while "high" and actually become better
drivers. This is unlike alcohol, which literally decreases one's
ability to function. Alcohol physically impairs a drinker's motor
skills. Not the case with cannabis.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29/05/2016 17:57, dadiOH wrote:
Bod wrote:
[...]

Very well put and I agree with everything you said.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn’t like it. I didn't inhale, and I didn't try it again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29/05/2016 18:21, Soon-to-be First Lady wrote:
When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and
didn’t like it. I didn't inhale, and I didn't try it again.

It's only enjoyable if you inhale.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-29, Bod wrote:

Very well put and I agree with everything you said.

I might, if it wasn't all nonsense.

Alcohol is legal cuz it provides lotsa income fer LE and is a huge thriving
industry, jes like cannabis is destined to be.

Notice how all states now have insanely high fines on drunk driving
laws, yet alcohol consumption has never been pushed harder. Blue laws
are rescinded, liquor licenses have never been easier to obtain,
hard liquor ads are now on TV, yada yada.

In fact, TV is a huge influence. Ever watch Blue Bloods? Who pushed
fer this series, the Scotch industry?

BTW, I'm seeing more and more smoking in movies outta Hollywood.
What's up with that?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-29, Soon-to-be First Lady wrote:
When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or
two.....

I was not aware England even had Mexicans!

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 May 2016 18:25:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 29/05/2016 18:21, Soon-to-be First Lady wrote:
When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and
didnt like it. I didn't inhale, and I didn't try it again.

It's only enjoyable if you inhale.

That is US joke, something Bill Clinton said in 1992.
Bill Clinton, another US joke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-29, dadiOH wrote:

Dangerous to whom? The user? No idea. To others? Definitely; if
the user drives his sense of time and space is warped...no need to
slow down yet, that car he is coming up on is a block away. Whoops,
no it wasn't.

Apparently, you have zero experience with driving while smoking
cannabis.

Actually, I have a fair amount.

There are tests being run, right now, on how cannabis use effects
driving. This cuz medical cannabis is prescribed by real doctors.

Initially, smoking drivers, are not good drivers. After awhile, they
become used to driving while "high" and actually become better
drivers. This is unlike alcohol, which literally decreases one's
ability to function. Alcohol physically impairs a drinker's motor
skills. Not the case with cannabis.

No idea about motor skills but it definitely affects their ability to judge
distance and time. Both of those are necessary to drive safely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 May 2016 16:10:09 +0100, Bod wrote:

Study: Marijuana World's Most Popular, Least Dangerous Drug
world.time.com/2013/08/.../study-marijuana-worlds-most-popular-least-dangerous-drug/

The least harmful drug is the one you don't take.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In fact, TV is a huge influence. Ever watch Blue Bloods? Who pushed
fer this series, the Scotch industry?

BTW, I'm seeing more and more smoking in movies outta Hollywood.
What's up with that?

nb

there have been proposals to ban smoking in movies and tv, electronically editing of old shows like i love lucy and twilight zone......