Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shortage of ADHD drug Adderall seen persisting, liberals scream, "How will we drug our brats?"

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 15:19:59 -0500, emoneyjoe
wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:53:14 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Does anyone else remember reading the book 1984, by George Orwell? How the
society had continual shortages, everything from milk to razor blades. As
Smith met Brown in the Minstry of Truth, Brown revealed that the state of
continual shortages is essential to the control of the populace.

Forget the conspiracy theories, a number of medicines
are is short supply, too many prescriptions being written
relative to the source development.

I got a prescription for an allergy medicine, no pharmacy
had it, either the manufacturer couldn't get the raw material,
or had discontinued it because of side effects (Stayhist?).

Contains pseudoephedrine. There's no FDA prohibition, but it's been
taken off the market in many places because of its use in
manufacturing meth. The laws in some states make it onerous to buy the
stuff. It's DEA, not FDA, that's involved.

There are much better drugs out there today for your allergy. Check
with your doctor, or get a new one. Stayhist is old news.

As for Chris's conspiracy theory, phfffft....

--
Ed Huntress
(former medical editor who wrote quite a bit about decongestants, but

The premise that creating artificial shortages would be
a method of population control in itself is far fetched.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"James Fiske" wrote in message
l.theremailer.net...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...adhd-adderall-
shortage-idUSTRE80009E20120101
=============
She noted that there are currently more than 200 drugs in short
supply in the United States, most of which do not contain
controlled substances and have nothing to do with the DEA.
=============
"This does not seem to be a short-term solvable problem," Hughes
said.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 3:40*pm, Ed Huntress wrote:

Contains pseudoephedrine. There's no FDA prohibition, but it's been
taken off the market in many places because of its use in
manufacturing meth. The laws in some states make it onerous to buy the
stuff. It's DEA, not FDA, that's involved.

There are much better drugs out there today for your allergy. Check
with your doctor, or get a new one. Stayhist is old news.

--
Ed Huntress

I do not know about everywhere, but pseudoephedrine is available most
places without a prescription. You are limited in how much you can
buy at one time and you have to get your name recorded. There may be
better drugs out there, but generic pseudoephedrine is cheap and
effective, but not good for continuous use. The extra effort to get
it has made a lot of the sellers of over the counter medicines take it
out of their drugs.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 13:35:33 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Jan 2, 3:40*pm, Ed Huntress wrote:

Contains pseudoephedrine. There's no FDA prohibition, but it's been
taken off the market in many places because of its use in
manufacturing meth. The laws in some states make it onerous to buy the
stuff. It's DEA, not FDA, that's involved.

There are much better drugs out there today for your allergy. Check
with your doctor, or get a new one. Stayhist is old news.

--
Ed Huntress

I do not know about everywhere, but pseudoephedrine is available most
places without a prescription. You are limited in how much you can
buy at one time and you have to get your name recorded.

Depending on the state, the pharmacy may have to jump throught hoops
-- and ask you a lot of questions.

--
Ed Huntress

There may be
better drugs out there, but generic pseudoephedrine is cheap and
effective, but not good for continuous use. The extra effort to get
it has made a lot of the sellers of over the counter medicines take it
out of their drugs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I do not know about everywhere, but pseudoephedrine is available most
places without a prescription. You are limited in how much you can
buy at one time and you have to get your name recorded.

Depending on the state, the pharmacy may have to jump throught hoops
-- and ask you a lot of questions.

Also, store-brand generic basically vanished - it's all behind the
counter, and everything they have back there now is high-price branded
crap.

Meanwhile, the crap (phenylephrine) they "replaced" it with in what's
out on the shelves and available in generics simply doesn't work - if it
has any effect, it's purely placebo.