Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default America 2016: Security Guard Impounds MansSubmachine Gun TIE CLASP At County Board Meeting

In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in America, a security guard stopped a man attempting to attend a court board meeting in Tucson, Ariz. and forced him to remove a machine gun-shaped tie clasp from his necktie for the duration of the meeting.

The incident happened on Tuesday at the threshold of a meeting of the Pima County Board of Supervisors, reports the Arizona Daily Independent.

The man with the dangerous tie clasp was Mark Spear, a semi-legendary local libertarian who calls himself the Man in Black. He is locally famous as one of the organizers behind a successful 2015 ballot initiative to ban the use of speed cameras in Tucson.

The very small, metal, pewter tie clasp Spear chose to wear on Tuesday night is shaped like a 1921 Thompson submachine gun. It is a little over two inches long.

If the tie clasp could hold bullets, they would have to be .0045 caliber, Spear told Tucson talk radio host James T. Harris on Thursday.

Of course we have to go through the metal detector so I have to take out my keys, my change and metal sunglasses container and put it all into a little plastic bag, Spear explained.

He also removed the tie clasp, a thing you put on your tie to fasten to your shirt.

The security guard at the metal detector then refused to allow Spear to re-attach the Tommy gun tie clasp.

I had to get a receipt for it, Spear said.

I usually wear what I call the tattered flag tie, Spear added. It is a flag that looks like it has been in combat. Then I have my Thompson tie clasp and one of the reasons is that it is big enough to cover a larger tie. So it is very functional.

Spear noted that, before Tuesday night, he had experienced no problems wearing the super-tiny, decorative weapon symbol except at the Tucson City Court, and usually the guys there tell me to put it in my pocket and not show it.

It is pretty funny that these guys have to take the no-tolerance concept to the point where they almost need to look at it like a micro-molecular theory, he added.

Spear attended Tuesdays Pima County Board of Supervisors to challenge a proposed ordinance against texting while driving.

The ordinance says hand-held electronic device. I have a whole bunch of things in my house that could be. A watch with digital buttons on it, a shaver, Spear told Harris, the radio host. It could be your GPS, which I showed them when I talked, and that is something that you use to get one place to another while you drive. It could be a whole lot of things.

Spear lost the challenge.

The board of supervisors voted unanimously on Tuesday to ban any handheld electronic device for any purpose other than to initiate, receive, or engage in voice communication while driving, according to the Arizona Daily Star.

Spear did get his tie clasp back after the meeting.

No one was injured.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2016 05:22 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in America, a security guard stopped a man attempting to attend a court board meeting in Tucson, Ariz. and forced him to remove a machine gun-shaped tie clasp from his necktie for the duration of the meeting.

The incident happened on Tuesday at the threshold of a meeting of the Pima County Board of Supervisors, reports the Arizona Daily Independent.

IMO, the guy is an idiot!

Try walking into a bank wearing a ski mask and a swat team will likely ask you to take it off. So unfair!
We all have the right to dress as we wish, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2016 6:48 AM, Buck Cash wrote:
On 05/22/2016 05:22 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in America, a
security guard stopped a man attempting to attend a court board
meeting in Tucson, Ariz. and forced him to remove a machine gun-shaped
tie clasp from his necktie for the duration of the meeting.

The incident happened on Tuesday at the threshold of a meeting of the
Pima County Board of Supervisors, reports the Arizona Daily Independent.

IMO, the guy is an idiot!

Try walking into a bank wearing a ski mask and a swat team will likely
ask you to take it off. So unfair!
We all have the right to dress as we wish, right?

It's a TIE CLASP for god's sake. WTF are they thinking? If it was a
full or 3/4 size model of a gun that he was bringing in I would agree
that he's a moron. Again, a TIE CLASP!

What if they made him turn on the screen on his iPhone to prove it was a
working phone and he had photo of a firearm for a screen saver? Gonna
confiscate his phone?

There are idiots and morons involved in this story but they are
collecting a check from the Maricopa County government!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2016 05:48:19 -0600, Buck Cash buck@cash.$$$ wrote:

On 05/22/2016 05:22 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in America, a security guard stopped a man attempting to attend a court board meeting in Tucson, Ariz. and forced him to remove a machine gun-shaped tie clasp from his necktie for the duration of the meeting.

The incident happened on Tuesday at the threshold of a meeting of the Pima County Board of Supervisors, reports the Arizona Daily Independent.

IMO, the guy is an idiot!

Try walking into a bank wearing a ski mask and a swat team will likely ask you to take it off. So unfair!
We all have the right to dress as we wish, right?

Ski mask is used to hide yourself during a crime. What is the
decorative tie clasp going to do? There is no common sense reason to
ban it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buck Cash buck@cash.$$$ wrote:

On 05/22/2016 05:22 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in America, a
security guard stopped a man attempting to attend a court board
meeting in Tucson, Ariz. and forced him to remove a machine
gun-shaped tie clasp from his necktie for the duration of the
meeting.

The incident happened on Tuesday at the threshold of a meeting of
the Pima County Board of Supervisors, reports the Arizona Daily
Independent.

IMO, the guy is an idiot!

Try walking into a bank wearing a ski mask and a swat team will
likely ask you to take it off. So unfair! We all have the right to
dress as we wish, right?

Did you look in a mirror?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2016 7:48 AM, Buck Cash wrote:
We all have the right to dress as we wish, right?

Only if you're Muslim or in the country
illegally.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2016 05:48 AM, Buck Cash wrote:

IMO, the guy is an idiot!

I agree. He was wearing a tie.

Atlanta security guard - fired from his job (!) Bill Cosby Home Repair 2 March 21st 13 05:05 PM
Tennis elbow clasp - any good robgraham UK diy 11 August 23rd 11 12:20 PM
Door Security Guard AA UK diy 3 July 16th 09 10:20 PM
OT - Guard Duck, Shop Security J T Woodworking 7 July 27th 07 10:27 PM
[Ganoksin] Five Jewelry Industry Leaders Come Together To Create Clasp Barbara Forbes-Lyons Metalworking 0 March 2nd 06 04:55 AM