Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default America 2016: Security Guard Impounds MansSubmachine Gun TIE CLASP At County Board Meeting

In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in America, a security guard stopped a man attempting to attend a court board meeting in Tucson, Ariz. and forced him to remove a machine gun-shaped tie clasp from his necktie for the duration of the meeting.

The incident happened on Tuesday at the threshold of a meeting of the Pima County Board of Supervisors, reports the Arizona Daily Independent.

The man with the dangerous tie clasp was Mark Spear, a semi-legendary local libertarian who calls himself €œthe €œMan in Black.€ He is locally famous as one of the organizers behind a successful 2015 ballot initiative to ban the use of speed cameras in Tucson.

The very small, metal, pewter tie clasp Spear chose to wear on Tuesday night is shaped like a 1921 Thompson submachine gun. It is a little over two inches long.

€œIf the tie clasp could hold bullets, they would have to be .0045 caliber,€ Spear told Tucson talk radio host James T. Harris on Thursday.

€œOf course we have to go through the metal detector so I have to take out my keys, my change and metal sunglasses container and put it all into a little plastic bag,€ Spear explained.

He also removed the tie clasp, €œa thing you put on your tie to fasten to your shirt.€

The security guard at the metal detector then refused to allow Spear to re-attach the Tommy gun tie clasp.

€œI had to get a receipt for it,€ Spear said.

€œI usually wear what I call the tattered flag tie,€ Spear added. €œIt is a flag that looks like it has been in combat. Then I have my Thompson tie clasp and one of the reasons is that it is big enough to cover a larger tie. So it is very functional.€

Spear noted that, before Tuesday night, he had experienced no problems wearing the super-tiny, decorative weapon symbol €œexcept at the Tucson City Court, and usually the guys there tell me to put it in my pocket and not show it.€

€œIt is pretty funny that these guys have to take the €˜no-tolerance concept to the point where they almost need to look at it like a micro-molecular theory,€ he added.

Spear attended Tuesdays Pima County Board of Supervisors to challenge a proposed ordinance against texting while driving.

€œThe ordinance says €˜hand-held electronic device. I have a whole bunch of things in my house that could be. A watch with digital buttons on it, a shaver,€ Spear told Harris, the radio host. €œIt could be your GPS, which I showed them when I talked, and that is something that you use to get one place to another while you drive. It could be a whole lot of things.€

Spear lost the challenge.

The board of supervisors voted unanimously on Tuesday to ban €œany handheld electronic device for any purpose other than to initiate, receive, or engage in voice communication€ while driving, according to the Arizona Daily Star.

Spear did get his tie clasp back after the meeting.

No one was injured.