Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carly Fiorina

Lucent Executive
By 1998, when Fortune dubbed Carly Fiorina the most powerful woman in business, she was president of Lucent's Global Service Provider division, the company's core business unit. Fiorina found success meeting the rising demand for network technology from American businesses. Under her watch, the company's market share increased in every region for every product.

Isnt this nice most powerful woman in business, excellent story but how about those people that her organization while working for Lucent Technology that she help put me out of business. That Republican bitch cost me $18,000.00. in user tax which they have claimed are paying directly to the State Other Republican bitch Christie Whitman Governor of New Jersey raising property taxes house you leave in 32%, from $6k to over $8k in one year ask me again who I will Vote for!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:40:58 -0700, "Tony944" wrote:

[...]

That was before she ran HP into the ground. I am not sure why people
think she is so smart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 12:41:02 PM UTC-4, Tony944 wrote:
[...]

Yet another incoherent rant. What does Lucent and Fiorina have to do with
some "user tax" that you claim put you out of business?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2016 1:27 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I think Bill Clinton just said that republicans attacked Hillary because
they are afraid of her. Gee, even a Clinton will sometimes tell the truth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:26:07 -0400, wrote:

I am not sure why people think she is so smart.

How smart must one be to go from a Secretary to leading a Fortune 20
company?

Posted to alt.home.repair

all world leaders should be Women

party is not important

the reason: fewer Wars

this is a no brainer

[unless you don't mind war, of course]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 11:37:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

all world leaders should be Women

If they didn't have a vagina there would be a bounty on them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:24:57 -0700
Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:26:07 -0400, wrote:

I am not sure why people think she is so smart.

How smart must one be to go from a Secretary to leading a Fortune 20
company?

how smart must one be to go from secretary to running a corporation
into the ground?

How long did it take you to do that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:16:11 -0600
rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Fiorina didn't have very many fans when she was at Lucent, things were going fairly well, and she got credit for things that were going to happen with or without her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:59:47 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

If it's all Fiorina's fault, why did almost all the other tech companies
crash in 2000, just a year after she joined an already troubled HP?
Many of those companies are no longer in business today.
And if Fiorina was the problem why is HP's stock today almost exactly
where it was when she left in 2004, twelve years ago? Even king of the
empire Intel crashed and has never recovered. I'm not exactly
a big defender of Fiorina's business career, but to charge her with
running HP into the ground, implying that she caused the whole thing
isn't right either.

Correct. She squabbled in the board room for what she believed. Even
former board members have retracted remarks that troubles were her
fault. And they now support what she did for the company.

These were tough bubbles, like the housing bubble later. I lost money
in Lucent stock, make it up in real estate before the bubble burst.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.

Condi Rice is actually one of the smartest people to ever serve in Washington D.C. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Smart Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.

Where is the bigotry? Rice's support of the Iraq invasion, enhanced
interrogation, and warrantless wiretaps are poison these days if you
haven't noticed. Cheney and Rumsfeld both attacked her from the right.
She's not particularly popular with the black community who see her as
an Oreo. There are too many minuses. She recognized it in 2008 when her
name was being thrown around. She's apparently happy at Stanford and too
bright to want to go mud wrestling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.

Condi Rice is actually one of the smartest people to ever serve in Washington D.C. ^_^

As Adlai Stevenson pointed out, that's not necessarily a plus when
you're contemplating a political career.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.

Condi Rice is actually one of the smartest people to ever serve in Washington D.C. ^_^

As Adlai Stevenson pointed out, that's not necessarily a plus when
you're contemplating a political career.

That's why she didn't run for political office. She's too smart for it. She prefers to work behind the scenes as much as possible. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Working Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 02:06 PM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:24:57 -0700
Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:26:07 -0400, wrote:

I am not sure why people think she is so smart.

How smart must one be to go from a Secretary to leading a Fortune 20
company?

how smart must one be to go from secretary to running a corporation
into the ground?

How long did it take you to do that?

I never could type so getting to the secretary rung on the ladder was
impossible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2016 2:41 PM, rbowman wrote:

Like I said, wrong industry at the wrong time. The Compaq purchase could be
justified. The question in the industry was why the HP brand, which was known
for servers and printers, was shunted to the consumer arena where it was weak,

.... and test equipment! I had a client who was making some large test
equipment purchases when HP decided to "become" Agilent. The uncertainty
caused him to go with Tek for the entire lab! ("Are they getting ready to
SELL OFF the test instruments business? Will I have purchased several
hundred kilobucks of product that may -- or may not -- be supported in
the manner that I *expect* when I base my business on that support?
Will the next devices come from "People's Test Equipment Factory #2866",
formerly known as "Agilent"? Have they decided to just cater to the consumer
market, instead?")

and Compaq, a consumer brand with a good reputation, moved to the server side
of the business.

+1

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.

Condi Rice is actually one of the smartest people to ever serve in

Washington D.C. ^_^

As Adlai Stevenson pointed out, that's not necessarily a plus when
you're contemplating a political career.

That's why she didn't run for political office. She's too smart for it.
She prefers to work behind the scenes as much as possible. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Working Monster

She was on the College Football Playoff Selection Committee
during its first year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

Cruz could have went for Condi Rice, another slightly used secretary
of state, but Rice is somewhat damaged goods too.

Nicely bigoted of you.

Where is the bigotry?

I don't see it either.

Rice's support of the Iraq invasion, enhanced
interrogation, and warrantless wiretaps are poison these days if you
haven't noticed.

Enhanced interrogation is ertainly not poison with Trump. He wants to
go beyond that and his loyal supporters think it's a great idea. It's
pretty clear where he would be with wiretaps and the like too. He
sees himself as a strong man, where the ends justify the means, and I
never hear him talk about the constitution.

Cheney and Rumsfeld both attacked her from the right.
She's not particularly popular with the black community who see her as
an Oreo. There are too many minuses. She recognized it in 2008 when her
name was being thrown around. She's apparently happy at Stanford and too
bright to want to go mud wrestling.

Yeah, I agree, Rice would bring a lot of controversy and she probably
has had enough too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

There was no Affirmative Action when Condi was coming up, she made it because she's smart like another person I admire, Dr. Ben Carson. Nobody gave them anything except what they earned. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Admiring Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it's all Fiorina's fault, why did almost all the other tech companies
crash in 2000, just a year after she joined an already troubled HP?
Many of those companies are no longer in business today.
And if Fiorina was the problem why is HP's stock today almost exactly
where it was when she left in 2004, twelve years ago? Even king of the
empire Intel crashed and has never recovered. I'm not exactly
a big defender of Fiorina's business career, but to charge her with
running HP into the ground, implying that she caused the whole thing
isn't right either.

Correct. She squabbled in the board room for what she believed. Even
former board members have retracted remarks that troubles were her
fault. And they now support what she did for the company.

That would be Tom Perkins, who's one of the most successful venture
capitalists in the world.

These were tough bubbles, like the housing bubble later. I lost money
in Lucent stock, make it up in real estate before the bubble burst.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 16:09:35 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

We lionize the lucky and criticize the unlucky.

(The Ends Justify the Meanness)

What Would Machiavelli Do?

He would feast on other people's discord
He wouldn't exactly seek the company of ass-kissers and bimbos,
but he wouldn't reject them out of hand either
He would realize that loving yourself means never having to say
you're sorry
He would kill people, but only if he could feel good about himself
afterward
He would establish and maintain a psychotic level of control
He would use other people's opinions to sell his book!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 10:26 AM, wrote:
[...]

Boo whoo whoo. Someone made fun of my looks. Someone
made fun of me because I am a girl.

And she thinks she will be respected by foreign leaders
who think she is property? Can you imagine Margret Thatcher
pulling the whiny girl act?

She should probably be in jail for the s*** she pulled at
Lucent.

I knew folks that worked at HP. Don't get them started!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:03:45 -0700, T wrote:

She should probably be in jail for the s*** she pulled at
Lucent.

Link to criminal activity, Todd? Get back to me. About some evil
empire she ran or what. Carly made her bones in the real world among
men.

When do you call her a RINO, eh?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 11:07 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:26:07 -0400, wrote:

I am not sure why people think she is so smart.

How smart must one be to go from a Secretary to leading a Fortune 20
company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated
by Laurence J. Peter in which the selection of a candidate for
a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current
role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role.
Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no
longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of
their incompetence."

After what she pulled at Lucent, I am shocked that HP picked her up.
I am also somewhat baffled as to why she did not go to prison.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 04:42 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
There was no Affirmative Action when Condi was coming up, she made it because she's smart like another person I admire, Dr. Ben Carson. Nobody gave them anything except what they earned. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_10925

EO 10925 was issued in 1961 and expanded several times after that. Rice
was born in 1954. Do the math.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 05:32 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:03:45 -0700, T wrote:

She should probably be in jail for the s*** she pulled at
Lucent.

Link to criminal activity, Todd? Get back to me. About some evil
empire she ran or what.

When Carly was at Lucent, she had Lucent self funding sales,
then listing the sales to her stockholders without
also listing the liability from the loans. She basically
cooked the books. A lot of people made investment decisions
based on her cooked books and lost their shirts.

Let me know if you what me to Google it for you.

Carly made her bones in the real world among
men.

I work for A LOT of intelligent, strong willed
older women. Married to one too. 160+ IQ.
They are actually my favorite clients. I know how
they sound and act. Carly is not one of them.

I heard too much boo whoo whoo out of her in the
campaign. Remember her twisting Trumpt's remarks
about bad blood between some female (might
have been her) into a comment about menstrual cycles?
Oh ya, the king of Saudi Arabia is going to take
her seriously. Boo whoo whoo

When do you call her a RINO, eh?

She is not a RINO. Just incompetent as all hell.
She is very articulate on abortion though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 06:13 PM, T wrote:
[...]

She also twisted Trump's remark about the smirk on her face
into a comment on her looks. My wife heard that one
personally and relayed it to me. Boo whoo whoo.
"The Americans sent us property to negotiate with ?!?!?!?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 06:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Link to criminal activity, Todd? Get back to me. About some evil
empire she ran or what. Carly made her bones in the real world among
men.

Well, there was the demon sheep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_Ejfc5hW8

Admittedly Boxer is a protected species in CA, but still she took
Fiorina by 10 points in a year that was good for Republicans. If Cruz is
looking for a bump in CA he may be disappointed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-30, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:26:07 -0400, wrote:

I am not sure why people think she is so smart.

How smart must one be to go from a Secretary to leading a Fortune 20
company?

The mouthpieces said she was secratary of a 9 person real estate firm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 8:00:24 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 04/30/2016 04:42 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
There was no Affirmative Action when Condi was coming up, she made it because she's smart like another person I admire, Dr. Ben Carson. Nobody gave them anything except what they earned. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_10925

EO 10925 was issued in 1961 and expanded several times after that. Rice
was born in 1954. Do the math.

I should have stated,"There was no Affirmative Action as it's known today." If you read what the executive order said, you will see that it's degenerated into what it is today.

"take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."

Affirmative Action today is used to exclude White male American citizens. I know, I've experienced it. I had an attorney who specializes in employment matters tell me that discrimination against White males is not a popular cause. The government will not help you. I got nowhere with the EEOC when I was passed over for promotion for less qualified women and minorities. The human resources director for the corporation was a feminazi who had it in for White men. White males throughout the company were passed over for less qualified Negroes and women. Like me, they all left and the AAM's "Affirmative Action Morons" ran the company into the ground and it did not survive. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Affirmative Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2016 10:57 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Do you hear the zipper (Bill C) going after Black Lives Matter?
I was actually cheering the old lech. Then he took it back. :'(
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

all world leaders should be Women

party is not important

the reason: fewer Wars

this is a no brainer

[unless you don't mind war, of course]

You better read history and all wars that started in Europe was over
Woman's crotch.