Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Completely OT

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

My grandmother wanted me to learn how to play that when I got my first
guitar. I never did learn how to play that tune, much-less anything else!

Here's a better version of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlRnWXZ19Q

--
RonNNN
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/23/2016 07:14 PM, RonNNN wrote:
In article , says...

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

My grandmother wanted me to learn how to play that when I got my first
guitar. I never did learn how to play that tune, much-less anything else!

Here's a better version of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlRnWXZ19Q

I don't know if it's a better version but it sure is a hell of a lot
funnier.

As to the guitar, I managed to learn a few chords and that was about it.

My guitar was given to a woman who had hers stolen. Though mine was a
total piece of junk, she thanked me and said it was even better than hers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

On 03/23/2016 07:14 PM, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

My grandmother wanted me to learn how to play that when I got my first
guitar. I never did learn how to play that tune, much-less anything else!

Here's a better version of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlRnWXZ19Q

I don't know if it's a better version but it sure is a hell of a lot
funnier.

As to the guitar, I managed to learn a few chords and that was about it.

My guitar was given to a woman who had hers stolen. Though mine was a
total piece of junk, she thanked me and said it was even better than hers.

Well, at the very least, you brought back memories of my grandmother to
me! Thanks for that! [g]

--
RonNNN
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/23/2016 07:35 PM, RonNNN wrote:

I don't know if it's a better version but it sure is a hell of a lot
funnier.

As to the guitar, I managed to learn a few chords and that was about it.

My guitar was given to a woman who had hers stolen. Though mine was a
total piece of junk, she thanked me and said it was even better than hers.

Well, at the very least, you brought back memories of my grandmother to
me! Thanks for that! [g]

\

Of course now that made me think of my grandparents, I'm fortunate
enough to say that all of them were alive until I was a young adult.

One day, I walked by my grandfather's shop and just stopped in to say
"hi". He thought for sure I stopped by to hit him up for some money and
when I told him "No, just wanted to say 'hi' " he must have figured I
was all grown up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:51:13 -0500, philo wrote:

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Yeah Haw. June Carter came from the clan and married Johnny Cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvD_NQrLFo

Rosanne Cash resulted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwocVPaGsE

Yeah Haw (Tennessee Flat Top Box)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/23/2016 07:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:51:13 -0500, philo wrote:

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Yeah Haw. June Carter came from the clan and married Johnny Cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvD_NQrLFo

Rosanne Cash resulted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwocVPaGsE

Yeah Haw (Tennessee Flat Top Box)

all great stuff

here is one more clip , I'm pretty sure that's June Carter there with Hank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVr0M7WCBu4

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 20:40:57 -0500, philo wrote:

On 03/23/2016 07:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:51:13 -0500, philo wrote:

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Yeah Haw. June Carter came from the clan and married Johnny Cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvD_NQrLFo

Rosanne Cash resulted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwocVPaGsE

Yeah Haw (Tennessee Flat Top Box)

all great stuff

here is one more clip , I'm pretty sure that's June Carter there with Hank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVr0M7WCBu4

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/23/2016 09:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.

Indeed.

"hornswoggle" is a very good word
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2016 2:48 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/23/2016 09:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.

Indeed.

"hornswoggle" is a very good word

"horsepucky" is another good word.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2016 9:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/24/2016 2:48 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/23/2016 09:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.

Indeed.

"hornswoggle" is a very good word

"horsepucky" is another good word.

Whoever wrote for Col. Potter on MASH 4077,
now THERE were some really country lines.

He was, and is, my favorite MASH character.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2016 8:33 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/24/2016 9:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/24/2016 2:48 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/23/2016 09:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.

Indeed.

"hornswoggle" is a very good word

"horsepucky" is another good word.

Whoever wrote for Col. Potter on MASH 4077,
now THERE were some really country lines.

He was, and is, my favorite MASH character.

"suffering buffalo chips"
"beaver biscuits"
"cow cookies"
"buffalo bagels"
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

But I just came across this one today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

Damn, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Yeah Haw. June Carter came from the clan and married Johnny Cash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvD_NQrLFo
Rosanne Cash resulted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwocVPaGsE
Yeah Haw (Tennessee Flat Top Box)

Rosanne Cash's mother - Vivian - gave birth to her on
May 24, 1955 - many years before Johnny Cash & June Carter
got together.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosanne_Cash
Johnny Cash and June Carter had one child - a son.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carter_Cash
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:48:13 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/24/2016 8:33 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/24/2016 9:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/24/2016 2:48 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/23/2016 09:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.

Indeed.

"hornswoggle" is a very good word

"horsepucky" is another good word.

Whoever wrote for Col. Potter on MASH 4077,
now THERE were some really country lines.

He was, and is, my favorite MASH character.

"suffering buffalo chips"
"beaver biscuits"
"cow cookies"
"buffalo bagels"

Up here in the great white north - Horse pucks - used to play farm
pond hockey.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:37:48 -0500, philo wrote:

Me and my buddies used to play hockey.

None of us knew what we were doing, other than just having fun...
this conversation though, puts new meaning to the term :"just horsing
around."

Ya can't be a cowboy unless you step in some ****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2016 3:17 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:28:07 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

On 3/24/2016 8:33 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/24/2016 9:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/24/2016 2:48 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/23/2016 09:04 PM, Oren wrote:

Roy Acuff was young then A story this week, I didn't bother to
read was that Hank was murdered. Hornswoggle.

Indeed.

"hornswoggle" is a very good word

"horsepucky" is another good word.

Whoever wrote for Col. Potter on MASH 4077,
now THERE were some really country lines.

He was, and is, my favorite MASH character.

"suffering buffalo chips"
"beaver biscuits"
"cow cookies"
"buffalo bagels"

Up here in the great white north - Horse pucks - used to play farm
pond hockey.

Where the Horse pucks people teams or roaming wild horses slipping
around on frozen ponds?

Teams of kids playing on the frozen farm pond, using a frozen horse
turd for a puck

Oh! Sounds like good fun for kids! lol I won't say "clean" fun, though,
with them using the frozen horse turd for a puck!

In our area it grew into the SWFPL (South Woolwich Farm Pond League),
with it's star team being the "Camp Cornwire Frogs".

I was never a hockey player, but a goodly number of my friends of
years past played in "the league"
We've lost quite a few of them, including one of the founders, my good
friend Doug Wagner who died 8 years ago next thursday from Myeloma

That's the bad thing about getting older. Sorry, about your friend.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:28:45 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/24/2016 3:17 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:28:07 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

He was just a few days from being my twin.. My mother and his mother
met in the hospital, and it ends up at the time we were neighbours -
out in the country they were just around the corner from us. We moved
shortly after but our families remained friends

Completely OT bm[_2_] UK diy 11 March 26th 13 03:02 PM
Completely OT Reentrant UK diy 26 November 24th 08 07:50 PM
And Now For Something Completely Different . . . Rex Metalworking 0 February 22nd 08 03:38 PM
And Now For Something Completely Different . . . Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 22nd 08 01:10 PM
And now, for something completely different - charlieb Woodworking 19 May 20th 07 05:20 PM