Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If you need any electric motor

When I went out to our cabin Saturday, I noticed furnace quit running
for a while. Thank goodness, weather has been mild all along indoor
temperature stayed at above freezing.

Found out draft inducer motor was jammed. Took it out managed to oiled
the bearings with proper motor oil. Put the motor back in, furnace fired
right up all is OK.

Mean time I was looking for spare motor every where when I came home
today. www.electricmotorwarehouse.com in Burton, MI had best price for
me. Same thing years ago when I was looking for Carrier furnace blower
PSC motor.

If you need any motor or motor related stuff, check this place out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/16/2016 01:32 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
When I went out to our cabin Saturday, I noticed furnace quit running
for a while. Thank goodness, weather has been mild all along indoor
temperature stayed at above freezing.

Found out draft inducer motor was jammed. Took it out managed to oiled
the bearings with proper motor oil. Put the motor back in, furnace fired
right up all is OK.

Mean time I was looking for spare motor every where when I came home
today. www.electricmotorwarehouse.com in Burton, MI had best price for
me. Same thing years ago when I was looking for Carrier furnace blower
PSC motor.

If you need any motor or motor related stuff, check this place out.

Where I live , there are plenty of Grainger's everywhere, so can always
get a motor, same day

Before I retired, I'd often get motors there. Although we just passed
the costs on to our customers, I was surprised that some of those small
motors (under 1/2 HP) cost as much as $50.

Guess my mind is still back in 1975
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 03:01:41 -0600, philo wrote:

[...]

'75 was a good year for motors. I think that was the year the
Electric Motor League was started, with American and National
Divisions. The play-offs were in Pittsburgh. Very exciting.
2,014,450 revolutions to 1,943,220 iirc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Grainger usually has what you need but they are seldom the cheapest
unless you have volume enough to get on the wholesale price column.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/16/2016 11:33 AM, bob_villain wrote:

Fortunately for our customers I did not have to get the motor start
capacitors from Grainger, since our National Parts Center bought them by
the truckload, they didn't cost much. I think our list price for one of
the bigger ones was $55. When someone here mentioned a repairman charged
them $200, it reminded me of the $2000 toilet quote I once got.

I've stated this before...I bought from Grainger with a corporate account (1hp+motor) and found a Dayton motor at Fleet Farm that was identical for $80 less! I told them on their website and they gave no response...so much for customer *care*!

Since it was generally important for me to get a customer up and running
ASAP, they rarely griped about the bills, but I always made it a point
to give them a fair deal.

I doubt I would have survived 38 years on the job and several "buy-outs"
if I over-charged my customers.

The funniest one I ran into was one guy always complained about his
repair ticket and because I knew that, charged him a bit less than
normal, just to get him to shut up...but he still kept complaining.

Finally, I took the paperwork back from him and crossed all the prices
out, returned it and told him to just fill in the prices himself!

He then told me the truth and said he was only allowed to spend so much
money a day and he'd get reprimanded if he signed for bills over $300.

We then worked out an agreement where every bill I submitted would be
under $300 so I'd usually have him sign two separate work orders...each
with a different date!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I usually get motors from either Grainger or Johnstone Supply. However, Grainger sure seems to be really raising the prices on motors lately. Even Grainger's own brand, Dayton Motors, which were made in the USA are now made in China.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Tony,

On 2/16/2016 12:32 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
When I went out to our cabin Saturday, I noticed furnace quit running
for a while. Thank goodness, weather has been mild all along indoor
temperature stayed at above freezing.

Found out draft inducer motor was jammed. Took it out managed to oiled
the bearings with proper motor oil. Put the motor back in, furnace fired right
up all is OK.

Mean time I was looking for spare motor every where when I came home
today. www.electricmotorwarehouse.com in Burton, MI had best price for me. Same
thing years ago when I was looking for Carrier furnace blower
PSC motor.

If you need any motor or motor related stuff, check this place out.

Is your recommendation solely based on *price*?
As you mentioned this is a *second* purchase, they presumably
have a wide selection?

3-in-1 oil in an electric motor Ed Home Repair 27 August 4th 19 02:28 AM
Horsepower of electric motor V/S Size of motor [email protected] Home Repair 17 December 3rd 11 10:23 AM
Electric motor, again, help Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 29 August 10th 09 02:29 AM
Electric motor Oren Home Repair 12 November 2nd 07 01:46 AM
electric motor help William Wixon Metalworking 9 February 24th 06 04:50 AM