Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faucet aerator

My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2016 7:04 AM, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

The aerator has fine-pitch threads. You will need to have it perfectly
"square" to engage the threads. If you've already forced it, you've
probably cross-threaded it.

Hint: assuming it is nickel plated (or otherwise "nicely finished"),
some masking tape wrapped around it can make it easier to handle
without marring the finish.

Hint2: you just need to "snug it up", not tighten it aggressively!

Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Sorry, this is laugh of my day this morning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 8:04:49 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Meditation in the Tibetan tradition I think it is.
Become one with the problem and view it from within.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 22 Jan 2016 14:04:45 GMT, KenK wrote:

My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

For some things, turning the thing counterclockewise, until you feel
the click/thump when it goes over the edge of the thread and falls one
wavelength, helps to find the right spot to start turning clockwise.

I don't think aerators are one of those things, but it's worth a try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/16 11:58 AM, Micky wrote:
On 22 Jan 2016 14:04:45 GMT, KenK wrote:

My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

For some things, turning the thing counterclockewise, until you feel
the click/thump when it goes over the edge of the thread and falls one
wavelength, helps to find the right spot to start turning clockwise.

I don't think aerators are one of those things, but it's worth a try.

^^^^^^^^
+1
This "trick" has worked for me many times. Especially on fine threads.
Really good for any threaded connection. (plus holding it square)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2016 9:04 AM, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Threads may be buggered up or corroded. I'd toss it and get a new one
for $4.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 1/22/2016 9:04 AM, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the
aerator to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble
reattaching it. It is required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I
can't seem to screw it in properly despite several tries. There seems
to a trick to it I'm not familiar with. I've had no problems in the
past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Threads may be buggered up or corroded. I'd toss it and get a new one
for $4.

The old one works after fussing with it but it's on cockeyed. As you
suggest, I'll be picking up a new one at Walmart when I get groceries
there today.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/16 1:14 PM, KenK wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 1/22/2016 9:04 AM, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the
aerator to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble
reattaching it. It is required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I
can't seem to screw it in properly despite several tries. There seems
to a trick to it I'm not familiar with. I've had no problems in the
past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Threads may be buggered up or corroded. I'd toss it and get a new one
for $4.

The old one works after fussing with it but it's on cockeyed. As you
suggest, I'll be picking up a new one at Walmart when I get groceries
there today.

Worst case would be that's due to bunged up threads on the spigot,
rather than on the aerator

--
A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and
bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2016 1:14 PM, KenK wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in

Threads may be buggered up or corroded. I'd toss it and get a new one
for $4.

The old one works after fussing with it but it's on cockeyed. As you
suggest, I'll be picking up a new one at Walmart when I get groceries
there today.

I don't trust chinese food.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2016 2:57 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 1/23/16 1:14 PM, KenK wrote:
The old one works after fussing with it but it's on cockeyed. As you
suggest, I'll be picking up a new one at Walmart when I get groceries
there today.

Worst case would be that's due to bunged up threads on the spigot,
rather than on the aerator

1) I don't trust food from Walmart.
1) Bit of grease on the threads often
helps.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:48:18 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

1) I don't trust food from Walmart.

You haven't gotten hungry enough, yet.
Posted to alt.home.repair