Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Faucet aerator

On 1/22/2016 7:04 AM, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator
to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is
required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in
properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not
familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

The aerator has fine-pitch threads. You will need to have it perfectly
"square" to engage the threads. If you've already forced it, you've
probably cross-threaded it.

Hint: assuming it is nickel plated (or otherwise "nicely finished"),
some masking tape wrapped around it can make it easier to handle
without marring the finish.

Hint2: you just need to "snug it up", not tighten it aggressively!