Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Faucet aerator

On 1/23/16 1:14 PM, KenK wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 1/22/2016 9:04 AM, KenK wrote:
My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the
aerator to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble
reattaching it. It is required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I
can't seem to screw it in properly despite several tries. There seems
to a trick to it I'm not familiar with. I've had no problems in the
past with other faucets.

Suggestions?

TIA

Threads may be buggered up or corroded. I'd toss it and get a new one
for $4.

The old one works after fussing with it but it's on cockeyed. As you
suggest, I'll be picking up a new one at Walmart when I get groceries
there today.

Worst case would be that's due to bunged up threads on the spigot,
rather than on the aerator

--
A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and
bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.