Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Winter tires

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Where I live we keep M&S tires on year round cuz ya never know . I'm running
Hankook DynaPro ATM's , and have chains in case of ice . Much more agressive
tread pattern than the X-ice , and they don't roar on the highway . If my
good friend Wally is right , they also wear very well .
He ran a set on his Jeep for over 40k miles , has them on his P/U now but
they're about gone - I think he got another 20k on them on the truck . Our
SUV is heavier than his Jeep , but not driven as aggressively .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 18:00:27 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Go to TireRack. Look around. Call them if you have a question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Hakkepillitta R2 from Nokian
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/2016 08:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

I put a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 on our car last winter, and they
seemed to do OK. They're on again now, but we haven't had much snow yet.

They were top-rated at TireRack.com last year, but I got them at Costco;
not much difference in price with the $70 instant rebate at Costco. (At
the moment, however, the $70 instant rebate is on Michelin, IIRC.)

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2016 8:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Very happy with the Nokian I put on last year. The WR3G has a snow
rating but can be used year round. They have other winter models too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 10:11:09 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 01/07/2016 08:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

I put a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 on our car last winter, and they
seemed to do OK. They're on again now, but we haven't had much snow yet.

They were top-rated at TireRack.com last year, but I got them at Costco;
not much difference in price with the $70 instant rebate at Costco. (At
the moment, however, the $70 instant rebate is on Michelin, IIRC.)

Perce

Blizzaks are fantastic snow tires but only in the cold. The reason they are
so good in the snow is because of how soft they are. If they are driven in
warm temperatures, they will wear very quickly.

You pay a lot for the snow performance, but you basically have to hope for
long, cold winters in order to get your money's worth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2016 8:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Very happy with the Nokian I put on last year. The WR3G has a snow
rating but can be used year round. They have other winter models too.

That Nokian is all weather rated but wears fast I heard. Just winter
tire is pretty good. Blizzak when hew is excellent but when tread wears
down it becomes no good 'coz rubber compound is is different. I am
looking at Toy Ice Guard and Continental extreme contact. Summer tire on
my new car is Continental. So will have to check it out little more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2016 8:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Very happy with the Nokiaone set quickar round. They have other winter models too.

Wheels I ordered are coming in this week end. I have to choose one set
quick. Short listed Michelin, Toyo, Continental(new car summer tire is
Conti. now. Used to be Michelin) Winter is here now. Minus 20C and some
snow flying around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2016 8:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

Very happy with the Nokiaone set quickar round. They have other
winter models too.

Wheels I ordered are coming in this week end. I have to choose one set
quick. Short listed Michelin, Toyo, Continental(new car summer tire is
Conti. now. Used to be Michelin) Winter is here now. Minus 20C and some
snow flying around.

Just finished installing a set of winter tires with OEM rims. Michelin
does not have my size. Ended up with Toyo Observer SUV tires, 245/55/19.
First impression, Toyo is as good as Michelin in the wet snow.

IRC tires philo Home Repair 2 August 30th 15 06:24 PM
Trailer tires SteveB[_15_] Metalworking 7 May 15th 14 05:17 PM
OT? bicycle tires micky Home Repair 9 July 16th 13 04:02 AM
Winter Tires? HotRod Home Repair 21 December 3rd 05 05:39 AM
bandsaw tires Christopher Cranmer Woodworking 8 August 24th 04 01:36 PM