Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Winter tires

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 10:11:09 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 01/07/2016 08:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Time for another set. I used always Michelin Lattitude Xice series.
Any other similar choice?

I put a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 on our car last winter, and they
seemed to do OK. They're on again now, but we haven't had much snow yet.

They were top-rated at TireRack.com last year, but I got them at Costco;
not much difference in price with the $70 instant rebate at Costco. (At
the moment, however, the $70 instant rebate is on Michelin, IIRC.)

Perce

Blizzaks are fantastic snow tires but only in the cold. The reason they are
so good in the snow is because of how soft they are. If they are driven in
warm temperatures, they will wear very quickly.

You pay a lot for the snow performance, but you basically have to hope for
long, cold winters in order to get your money's worth.