Posted to alt.home.repair

Default IRC tires

I'm giving away my over 40 year old ten speed bike today. It's been
hanging on a hook in the basement for over 15 years...but before that it
gave me 25 years of good hard use.

Inflated the tires and they still (sort of) held air.

They are the ORIGINAL IRC tires...must be a good brand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/30/2015 10:47 AM, philo wrote:
I'm giving away my over 40 year old ten speed bike today. It's been
hanging on a hook in the basement for over 15 years...but before that it
gave me 25 years of good hard use.

Inflated the tires and they still (sort of) held air.

They are the ORIGINAL IRC tires...must be a good brand.

I've had bike tires dry rot in a garage after a couple of years.

If I were going to use the bike, I would put on new tires and tubes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/30/2015 10:39 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/30/2015 10:47 AM, philo wrote:
I'm giving away my over 40 year old ten speed bike today. It's been
hanging on a hook in the basement for over 15 years...but before that it
gave me 25 years of good hard use.

Inflated the tires and they still (sort of) held air.

They are the ORIGINAL IRC tires...must be a good brand.

I've had bike tires dry rot in a garage after a couple of years.

If I were going to use the bike, I would put on new tires and tubes.

I'm not sure if I can even ride a bike any more due to one one my knees
not bending fully.

It was just cluttering up the basement and had a lot of spider webs on it...

It's now gone

OT Tires only go in one direction micky Home Repair 46 May 14th 15 02:59 AM
Wagon Tires? SMS Home Repair 5 October 29th 11 08:26 PM
Snowblower tires GoHabsGo[_3_] Home Repair 14 November 5th 09 02:33 PM
Odd wear on tires [email protected] Metalworking 3 August 28th 07 10:56 PM
Winter Tires? HotRod Home Repair 21 December 3rd 05 05:39 AM