Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slightly OT Tire Pressure

On Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 7:50:51 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On 1/5/2016 8:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Newer cars have a TPMS and warn you when the pressure gets low. Now that
cold weather is here,check to see that your tire is at least the
recommended pressure. I forgot about it and this morning it was 7
degrees. One tire was 1 pound under and set off the warning. It would
not reset after driving as it had to come up even more than driving did.
Filled it up when I got home.

Not a major deal as I knew the pressure was adequate to drive, but it
annoys me to have that yellow light on when driving. I understand this
is a common happening for the first really cold snap.

What's more annoying is when the sensor fails and it costs over $100 to
fix it at the dealer. Happened on my wife's Subaru and even though I
set pressure on all the tires a few pounds higher, would not stop.

Another example of dumbing down America by requiring these sensors.

If you regulary check the tire pressure, decline any services to the tire pressure monitor.

Andy

Tire pressure KenK Home Repair 90 January 12th 15 12:00 PM
OT Tire pressure sensors Metspitzer Home Repair 103 October 28th 13 12:24 AM
OT? Weigh your car by checking tire pressure? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 7 September 23rd 07 09:42 PM
OT? Weigh your car by checking tire pressure? Newshound Metalworking 0 September 23rd 07 06:49 PM
Wheelbarrow Tire Pressure SQLit Home Repair 14 June 10th 05 07:32 AM