Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Funny Noises from SWMBO's Jeep Compass

I'm posting this here because all the Jeep sites I can find on usenet
look like they've had next to no new posts on them for the last year or
more.

And, there seem to be more knowledgeable folks here than on many other
newsgroups.

This isn't a "problem", but my inquiring mind is just looking for an answer:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass. On the occasions when she's driving
the two of us somewhere in her car and stops to run into a store for
something, leaving me in the car with the engine off and ignition key
out, I notice this happening.

About three minutes after the car is shut down I hear a whirring noise
which sounds like small electric motor. That noise appears to come from
under the dashboard and lasts about two seconds. When that noise stops a
second similar whirring noise starts and lasts for about the same time
as the first one, but it has a slightly different pitch and seems to
come from a different place in front of me.

My best guess is that the noises are coming from small electric motors
which are doing something like moving flap valves in the car's HVAC
ducts, but I don't understand why they don't do that as soon as the car
is shut down.

If someone here knows for certain what is making those noises I'd sure
like to know.

Thanks guys,

--
Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2015 3:19 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
[...]

Probably.

As to timing, the controllers running the car have their own idea of
what needs to be done, when. Radiator fans are electric, nowadays
(most vehicles, even those without transverse engines) and run on
to bring the temperature of the coolant down -- even though the
coolant isn't being actively *pumped* through the stopped engine!
Perhaps similar reasoning applies?

Why not look at the locations of the various flaps and monitor
them in one such experiment? Or, pull the cabling to one and see
if it stops making that noise? Note that it may be a single
actuator doing "double duty" -- moving two different mechanisms
at two different times (one to take outside air into the
cabin, another to route "treated" air to the top and/or bottom
ports, etc.)

http://www.autozone.com/1/products/118109-a-c-heater-blend-door-actuator-604-035-dorman-604-035.html

http://www.justanswer.com/jeep/7cdwb-compass-2008-jeep-compass-heater-ac-blower.html

Workshop manuals make these sort of questions a lot easier to resolve
(with a lot less "actual work"! : )

If someone here knows for certain what is making those noises I'd sure like to
know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:n61l49$nio$1
@dont-email.me:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass

"SWMBO" that's funny. She Who Must Be Obeyed. You admit to it so casually.

Let me guess. You're her little Darkie pet. Well, petboi, to each his
own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 10:19:31 AM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:n61l49$nio$1
@dont-email.me:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass

"SWMBO" that's funny. She Who Must Be Obeyed. You admit to it so casually.

Let me guess. You're her little Darkie pet. Well, petboi, to each his
own.

Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships
to use terms of endearment such as SWMBO "so casually" laugh at those
like you who just don't get it.

As you say, to each his own. I feel sorry for yours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 9:44:33 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 10:19:31 AM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:n61l49$nio$1
@dont-email.me:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass

"SWMBO" that's funny. She Who Must Be Obeyed. You admit to it so casually.

Let me guess. You're her little Darkie pet. Well, petboi, to each his
own.

Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships
to use terms of endearment such as SWMBO "so casually" laugh at those
like you who just don't get it.

As you say, to each his own. I feel sorry for yours.

I've had experience with SWMBA,"She Who Must Be Avoided". When she develops PMS to the fourth power, I bid her farewell because I refuse to abuse or accept any abuse. I'm allergic to crazy women. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Crazy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 12:10:43 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

The real problem occurs when you get tangled up with IDRTSWCUIWTL.

I Didn't Realize That She Was Crazy Until It Was Too Late

DAMHIKT

Cousin But-The-Sex-Was-Really-Good Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2015 12:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 9:44:33 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships
to use terms of endearment such as SWMBO "so casually" laugh at those
like you who just don't get it.

As you say, to each his own. I feel sorry for yours.

I've had experience with SWMBA,"She Who Must Be

Avoided". When she develops PMS to the fourth power,
I bid her farewell because I refuse to abuse or
accept any abuse. I'm allergic to crazy women. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Crazy Monster

When I was in my first year of college, I dated a co-ed
who travelled by electric wheel chair. She had one crisis
after another, hospital trips and such. My grades dropped,
severely. I did my best to separate from her, but it was
only about ten years later I heard the last. She'd call my
parents house. I found out later my Mom would drive to the
psych center to "help her with her reading".

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:4306fdb2-68d7-4c1d-8ab7-
:

Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships

Sure petboi. What ever you say and whatever your SWMBO allows.

BTW, you still stuck in that wheelchair?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 1:23:49 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

.

Your Mom appears to be or have been a wonderful caring woman. Those type of folks are in short supply these days. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wheelchair Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 10:19:31 AM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:n61l49$nio$1
@dont-email.me:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass

"SWMBO" that's funny. She Who Must Be Obeyed. You admit to it so casually.

Let me guess. You're her little Darkie pet. Well, petboi, to each his
own.

Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships
to use terms of endearment such as SWMBO "so casually" laugh at those
like you who just don't get it.

As you say, to each his own. I feel sorry for yours.

I thought S stands for someone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2015 5:01 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 10:19:31 AM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:n61l49$nio$1
@dont-email.me:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass

"SWMBO" that's funny. She Who Must Be Obeyed. You admit to it so casually.

Let me guess. You're her little Darkie pet. Well, petboi, to each his
own.

Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships
to use terms of endearment such as SWMBO "so casually" laugh at those
like you who just don't get it.

As you say, to each his own. I feel sorry for yours.

I thought S stands for someone.

No. Though the PC crowd may try to hijack it.

It's intended as tongue in cheek -- much the same as the "Yes, Dear"
sort of acquiesence.

It also covers a larger class of individuals -- wives, S.O.'s,
girlfriends, etc.

A more misogynistic term might be "SWtsMBO" :

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 6:01:45 PM UTC-6, Tony Hwang wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 10:19:31 AM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:n61l49$nio$1
@dont-email.me:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass

"SWMBO" that's funny. She Who Must Be Obeyed. You admit to it so casually.

Let me guess. You're her little Darkie pet. Well, petboi, to each his
own.

Those of us who are secure enough in both our manhood and relationships
to use terms of endearment such as SWMBO "so casually" laugh at those
like you who just don't get it.

As you say, to each his own. I feel sorry for yours.

I thought S stands for someone.

OMG! That's the new transgender version! Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Trans Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote in
:

BTW, you still stuck in that wheelchair?

An intelligent imaginative troll is fun to frak with and should be
cultivated. He/she/it makes for a lot of entertainment if Hsi a good
one

[8~{} Uncle Troll Monster

Well ok, I'll ask. How is your wheelchair today U.M.?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 8:21:23 AM UTC-6, Zak W wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote in
:

BTW, you still stuck in that wheelchair?

An intelligent imaginative troll is fun to frak with and should be
cultivated. He/she/it makes for a lot of entertainment if Hsi a good
one

[8~{} Uncle Troll Monster

Well ok, I'll ask. How is your wheelchair today U.M.?

He was very happy to cradle my ass this morning so I could eat breakfast. "Wheelie" is having a happy new year but he's gonna be lonely soon because I'm walking more. I'm gonna make it back on my feet in 2016. Yay! I'm getting stronger. ヽ(^o^)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

OT. Jeep fuel tanks Dean Hoffman[_12_] Home Repair 5 July 27th 15 05:56 PM
dismantling and reassembling a jeep in under 4 min rangerssuck Metalworking 2 April 25th 11 12:01 PM
Aluminum jeep frame mark Metalworking 16 February 18th 08 07:13 PM
JEEP J T Woodworking 0 March 15th 05 05:15 AM
SWMBO asks, SWMBO gets... Dave Balderstone Woodworking 7 October 24th 04 10:35 PM