Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Jeep fuel tanks

Fiat-Chrysler is recalling some Jeeps.
The 93-98 Grand Cherokee and the 2002-2007
Liberty. They met safety standards when
built.
From Autoblog: http://tinyurl.com/q7qptd3
My memory goes back to the Ford Pinto fires
and the recalls of the mid 70s Chevy pickups.
I think the Chevy recalls involved an extra
thousand dollar rebate on trade for a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

From Autoblog: http://tinyurl.com/q7qptd3
My memory goes back to the Ford Pinto fires
and the recalls of the mid 70s Chevy pickups.
I think the Chevy recalls involved an extra
thousand dollar rebate on trade for a new one.

in 1966 jeeps the passenger seat set on top of te gas tank.

a buddy of miine has one like that
Posted to alt.home.repair

From Autoblog: http://tinyurl.com/q7qptd3
My memory goes back to the Ford Pinto fires
and the recalls of the mid 70s Chevy pickups.
I think the Chevy recalls involved an extra
thousand dollar rebate on trade for a new one.

My neighbor has a Lib in that year range . Their solution was to bolt a
frame mounted hitch on his . They told him it wasn't for towing , but to
protect the tank . But now he can pull his small boat down to the river ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

From Autoblog: http://tinyurl.com/q7qptd3
My memory goes back to the Ford Pinto fires
and the recalls of the mid 70s Chevy pickups.
I think the Chevy recalls involved an extra
thousand dollar rebate on trade for a new one.

My neighbor has a Lib in that year range . Their solution was to bolt a
frame mounted hitch on his . They told him it wasn't for towing , but to
protect the tank . But now he can pull his small boat down to the river ...

_Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back 500,000 vehicles_

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4377086938001/fiat-chrysler-must-offer-to-buy-back-500000-vehicles/?intcmp=hpbt4#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/nlhgzke

Five models plus the largest fine ever in auto industry?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2015 8:40 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

My neighbor has a Lib in that year range . Their solution was to bolt a
frame mounted hitch on his . They told him it wasn't for towing , but to
protect the tank . But now he can pull his small boat down to the river ...

I find that interesting. What did he do with the boat before, just ride
it around the back yard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/27/2015 8:40 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

My neighbor has a Lib in that year range . Their solution was to
bolt a frame mounted hitch on his . They told him it wasn't for
towing , but to protect the tank . But now he can pull his small
boat down to the river ...

I find that interesting. What did he do with the boat before, just
ride it around the back yard?

No , he used to have a pickup truck . Couldn't afford to repair it to be
highway worthy , gave it to his son to fix up . The boy's first vehicle ,
he's thrilled .

--
Snag

Old Coleman Stove Fuel Tanks -- how to get rid of 'em? John Albert Home Repair 19 February 8th 14 09:46 PM
dismantling and reassembling a jeep in under 4 min rangerssuck Metalworking 2 April 25th 11 12:01 PM
Friction Stir Weld used on fuel tanks by NASA Michael A. Terrell Metalworking 1 December 14th 10 04:08 AM
Fuel leak where line enters fuel tank k-man Home Repair 8 September 25th 08 04:30 PM
JEEP J T Woodworking 0 March 15th 05 05:15 AM