Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Funny Noises from SWMBO's Jeep Compass

I'm posting this here because all the Jeep sites I can find on usenet
look like they've had next to no new posts on them for the last year or
more.

And, there seem to be more knowledgeable folks here than on many other
newsgroups.

This isn't a "problem", but my inquiring mind is just looking for an answer:

SWMBO drives a 2014 Jeep Compass. On the occasions when she's driving
the two of us somewhere in her car and stops to run into a store for
something, leaving me in the car with the engine off and ignition key
out, I notice this happening.

About three minutes after the car is shut down I hear a whirring noise
which sounds like small electric motor. That noise appears to come from
under the dashboard and lasts about two seconds. When that noise stops a
second similar whirring noise starts and lasts for about the same time
as the first one, but it has a slightly different pitch and seems to
come from a different place in front of me.

My best guess is that the noises are coming from small electric motors
which are doing something like moving flap valves in the car's HVAC
ducts, but I don't understand why they don't do that as soon as the car
is shut down.

If someone here knows for certain what is making those noises I'd sure
like to know.

Thanks guys,

--
Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

OT. Jeep fuel tanks Dean Hoffman[_12_] Home Repair 5 July 27th 15 05:56 PM
dismantling and reassembling a jeep in under 4 min rangerssuck Metalworking 2 April 25th 11 12:01 PM
Aluminum jeep frame mark Metalworking 16 February 18th 08 07:13 PM
JEEP J T Woodworking 0 March 15th 05 05:15 AM
SWMBO asks, SWMBO gets... Dave Balderstone Woodworking 7 October 24th 04 10:35 PM