Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing excess "Great Stuff" from tile.

replying to Bill, Some girl who likes to do it herself wrote:
kc8qln wrote:

I got a little crazy with the "Great Stuff" expanding foam, and a bunch
ended up on the tile.
It wiped it when it was still fresh, but a thick film still dried on the
tile.
The website advised "petrolium" based cleaners. Like what for example?
And would that be harmful to tile?

Hi strangers,

Same problem occurred to me, nothing was working, gasoline, acetone,
alcohol, vaseline, everything I could get my hands on. I doubt you'll find
a tough enough household scrubber.

Then I tried elbow grease and a pumice stone. My tile is white again
Of all the things... Try it. You may have to visit the beauty aisle of
your local pharmacy, try around the pedicure stuff or bath products. Sorry
guys, I know this may bring great shame to a handyman. Haha...

Posted to alt.home.repair

kc8qln wrote:

I got a little crazy with the "Great Stuff" expanding foam, and a bunch
ended up on the tile.
It wiped it when it was still fresh, but a thick film still dried on the
tile.
The website advised "petrolium" based cleaners. Like what for example?
And would that be harmful to tile?

Hi strangers,

Same problem occurred to me, nothing was working, gasoline, acetone,
alcohol, vaseline, everything I could get my hands on. I doubt you'll find
a tough enough household scrubber.

Then I tried elbow grease and a pumice stone. My tile is white again
Of all the things... Try it. You may have to visit the beauty aisle of
your local pharmacy, try around the pedicure stuff or bath products. Sorry
guys, I know this may bring great shame to a handyman. Haha...

Days late and dollars short. I mentioned a pumice stone days ago to
clean it off your hands. Want to do my feet for me? I'm not a
"shame".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

Days late and dollars short. I mentioned a pumice stone days ago to
clean it off your hands. Want to do my feet for me? I'm not a
"shame".

So you want a little "trim"?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 16:43:19 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Days late and dollars short. I mentioned a pumice stone days ago to
clean it off your hands. Want to do my feet for me? I'm not a
"shame".

So you want a little "trim"?

You can get a trim in Las Vegas; called "balls and crack". Seriously.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 16:43:19 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Days late and dollars short. I mentioned a pumice stone days ago to
clean it off your hands. Want to do my feet for me? I'm not a
"shame".

So you want a little "trim"?

You can get a trim in Las Vegas; called "balls and crack". Seriously.

Okay, I'll take your word for it.

--
Tekkie