Posted to alt.home.repair
Some girl who likes to do it herself Some girl who likes to do it herself is offline

Default Removing excess "Great Stuff" from tile.

replying to Bill, Some girl who likes to do it herself wrote:
kc8qln wrote:

I got a little crazy with the "Great Stuff" expanding foam, and a bunch
ended up on the tile.
It wiped it when it was still fresh, but a thick film still dried on the
tile.
The website advised "petrolium" based cleaners. Like what for example?
And would that be harmful to tile?

Hi strangers,

Same problem occurred to me, nothing was working, gasoline, acetone,
alcohol, vaseline, everything I could get my hands on. I doubt you'll find
a tough enough household scrubber.

Then I tried elbow grease and a pumice stone. My tile is white again
Of all the things... Try it. You may have to visit the beauty aisle of
your local pharmacy, try around the pedicure stuff or bath products. Sorry
guys, I know this may bring great shame to a handyman. Haha...