Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternative to "Great Stuff"

Hi,

I once saw a link to a foam solution in a can, kind of like Great
Stuff but it wasn't Great Stuff. For one it had a longer nozzle. I
have to apply insulation where a Great Stuff nozzle just won't reach.
Can someone tell me what I'm thinking about (and where to get)?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 15, 7:44*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I once saw a link to a foam solution in a can, kind of like Great
Stuff but it wasn't Great Stuff. For one it had a longer nozzle. I
have to apply insulation where a Great Stuff nozzle just won't reach.
Can someone tell me what I'm thinking about (and where to get)?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

I have had that issue many times and just got the same diameter
plastic hose at Ace, cut it to what size I needed and heated the can
in water so it would push through the extra resistance of the longer
hose
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've seen a couple other brands of expanding foam. Though,
I'm not sure any of them still exist. Can you make the tube
longer, and do it that way?

Whatcha building?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I once saw a link to a foam solution in a can, kind of like
Great
Stuff but it wasn't Great Stuff. For one it had a longer
nozzle. I
have to apply insulation where a Great Stuff nozzle just
won't reach.
Can someone tell me what I'm thinking about (and where to
get)?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 15, 10:52*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've seen a couple other brands of expanding foam. Though,
I'm not sure any of them still exist. Can you make the tube
longer, and do it that way?

Whatcha building?

I boxed in skylights and need to shoot foam between the skylight box
and the joist.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Hi,

I once saw a link to a foam solution in a can, kind of like
Great
Stuff but it wasn't Great Stuff. For one it had a longer
nozzle. I
have to apply insulation where a Great Stuff nozzle just
won't reach.
Can someone tell me what I'm thinking about (and where to
get)?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2009 17:44:14 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude
wrote:

Hi,

I once saw a link to a foam solution in a can, kind of like Great
Stuff but it wasn't Great Stuff. For one it had a longer nozzle. I
have to apply insulation where a Great Stuff nozzle just won't reach.
Can someone tell me what I'm thinking about (and where to get)?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Wurth makes stuff for the window and door trade 0 bigger cans with
12" nozzles. Standard or low expansion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Friend of mine foamed in around his storm door. The foam
pushed the door frame in (aluminum) and now the door won't
close.

How about just stuff in some fiberglass around your
skylight?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Whatcha building?

I boxed in skylights and need to shoot foam between the
skylight box
and the joist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 May 2009 09:04:41 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Friend of mine foamed in around his storm door. The foam
pushed the door frame in (aluminum) and now the door won't
close.

How about just stuff in some fiberglass around your
skylight?

Gotta use the low expansion foam designed for the job. Great Stuff
aint it.