Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foam like "GREAT STUFF" can they be tooled?

Can you spray those expansive foam spray into a void and use a knife or
something to tool or shape it? or do you have to wait till they expand and
finish then trim/slice off excess?

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:45:18 -0400, MiamiCuse wrote:

Can you spray those expansive foam spray into a void and use a knife or
something to tool or shape it? or do you have to wait till they expand
and finish then trim/slice off excess?

MC

Until it dries completely, it is a gooey mess.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:
Can you spray those expansive foam spray into a void and use a knife
or something to tool or shape it? or do you have to wait till they
expand and finish then trim/slice off excess?

MC

I was using a can of GS recently and the can developed a teeny leak. I
couldn't stop it. Finally, I said "**** this!" and threw the whole shebang
over the fence onto a power company right-of-way.

Some days later I was prowling through the weeds looking for something
important that I had thrown over the fence (I throw a lot over the fence)
and found the aforementioned GS menace.

All the GS had leaked from the tiny hole making a smooth, brown sphere about
the size of a bowling ball with the can still attached.

I pulled out my knife and carved a face in the hardened glob, much like
carving a pumpkin, and threw the sonofabitch even farther into the weeds.

I still have nightmares about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Some days later I was prowling through the weeds looking for something
important that I had thrown over the fence (I throw a lot over the fence)
and found the aforementioned GS menace.

That's funny, your private dumping ground, huh. You throw that much over
that fence? Even important stuff? hmmmm

I still have nightmares about it.

The face on the foam! even sounds scary.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

evodawg wrote:
Some days later I was prowling through the weeds looking for
something important that I had thrown over the fence (I throw a lot
over the fence) and found the aforementioned GS menace.

That's funny, your private dumping ground, huh. You throw that much
over that fence? Even important stuff? hmmmm

I still have nightmares about it.

The face on the foam! even sounds scary.

For fifteen years, this 200' wide power line property was a good neighbor.
Had some small hills, a copse of trees every 100 yards or so. One could
watch the hawks making a nest and see an occasional bunny hopping about (no
doubt that's why the hawks chose the neighborhood).

People rode their bikes, played softball, or just hiked or jogged down its
length.

Then, late last year, the power company came through and ground up all the
trees. They didn't chop them down, they had a stump grinder gizmo on a
big-ass boom that they raised up and turned the trees into flakes from the
top down! Sterilized the field, they did.

I'm a ****in' STOCKHOLDER in Centerpoint (the power company). I called and
raised more hell than the third monkey on Noah's gangplank while all this
was in progress and was told the company was REQUIRED to cut down the trees
by the Department of Homeland Security!

Bunch lying slugs, you ask me. Not even Homeland Security thinks terrorists
grow on trees!

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

[...]

They are doing the same thing near me, it has to do with keeping
the power grid safe. It's not the power company's rule, they are
forced to do it. A crying shame, I feel badly for the people affected.

nancy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nancy Young wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but safe from WHAT?

Do the amorphous "they" think goblins are breeding in the mini-forests? Is
is possible a 60' tree, 150 feet from a 200,000 volt line that's 100 feet in
the air presents a problem? Are they afraid the emergency responders will
collide with Mister Oak while trying to find a downed line?

Bah!