Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Foam like "GREAT STUFF" can they be tooled?

MiamiCuse wrote:
Can you spray those expansive foam spray into a void and use a knife
or something to tool or shape it? or do you have to wait till they
expand and finish then trim/slice off excess?

MC

I was using a can of GS recently and the can developed a teeny leak. I
couldn't stop it. Finally, I said "**** this!" and threw the whole shebang
over the fence onto a power company right-of-way.

Some days later I was prowling through the weeds looking for something
important that I had thrown over the fence (I throw a lot over the fence)
and found the aforementioned GS menace.

All the GS had leaked from the tiny hole making a smooth, brown sphere about
the size of a bowling ball with the can still attached.

I pulled out my knife and carved a face in the hardened glob, much like
carving a pumpkin, and threw the sonofabitch even farther into the weeds.

I still have nightmares about it.