Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Permanent tie of rawhide shoe laces

I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote:
I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

nb

Use small size nylon cable tie?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2015 7:21 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
notbob wrote:
I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

nb

Use small size nylon cable tie?

I have done that, in similar situation. I've
also sewed with needle and thread.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 18:21:35 -0500, Tony Hwang wrote:

notbob wrote:
I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

nb

Use small size nylon cable tie?

Wire tie from bread wrapper? The old double knot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on 19 Sep 2015 22:45:42 GMT, notbob
wrote:

I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I think I posted about this topic here years ago. Good answers but no
great answers.

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

Walk backwards?

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2015 6:45 PM, notbob wrote:
I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

nb

Well, maybe not permanent, but there are many 'other ways' to tie shoes
that keeps them tied, usually until you want to untie them. I use a
method that my son taught me. I looked on Google and didn't find that
one but did find others. Check out:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tie+...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 08:29:37 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

[...]

I wear boat shoes everywhere. The trick with the laces is to tie them
when they are wet and pull it as tight as you can. When they dry, they
don't come untied.

'Permanent on' lighting TheOldFellow UK diy 6 September 21st 11 12:53 PM
Non-permanent glue? Toller Woodworking 10 December 6th 06 03:50 PM
Permanent Acne Cure tim Home Repair 0 April 30th 06 01:01 AM
Thor rawhide/copper hammers - replace head Jo Martin Metalworking 11 August 14th 05 12:13 PM
Has anyone tried the mop shoe? ggg Home Ownership 3 November 16th 04 05:07 AM