Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Permanent tie of rawhide shoe laces

On 2015-09-20, wrote:

I wear boat shoes everywhere. The trick with the laces is to tie them
when they are wet and pull it as tight as you can. When they dry, they
don't come untied.

I suspected as much.

I usta wear Perry Topsiders. That is until they went cheapo and QA
went to Hell, allowing mis-sized shoes get by. I tossed the last
pair, as the toe-box was rubbing the skin off the tops of my toes.
I'd try other brands, but very few make boat shoes in any kinda width
(4E). PTS came in extra wide and would stretch. All except my last
pair. 8|

nb

I wear AOs and the first thing I do with a new pair is step on the top
step of the pool and get them wet, then wear them until they dry.
They start molding to your feet right away. That is also when I get
the length of the laces right and tie them up tight. Use a square knot
bow,