Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Permanent tie of rawhide shoe laces

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 08:29:37 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 9/19/2015 6:45 PM, notbob wrote:
I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much
like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta
rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace
bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this
untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot.
Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one
will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes
untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one
tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is
driving me crazy!

nb

Well, maybe not permanent, but there are many 'other ways' to tie shoes
that keeps them tied, usually until you want to untie them. I use a
method that my son taught me. I looked on Google and didn't find that
one but did find others. Check out:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tie+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I wear boat shoes everywhere. The trick with the laces is to tie them
when they are wet and pull it as tight as you can. When they dry, they
don't come untied.