Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged spray paint cans

replying to Stormin Mormon, Blueonblue wrote:
cayoung61**spamblock## wrote:

Took a can of Rust Oleum white spray paint out side. Quick spray job. I'm
shaking the can as I walk outdoors. Got about half a second of spray from
the can, and the spray stops. Nearly new can.
What's with that? Do they do that on purpose? I did shake the can like it
says on the label. And it was upright, so I wasn't venting the pressure
only.
Is there a trick or secret I don't know?

Got a brand new can, same thing happened to me, shook like crazy, it
sprayed for a few seconds then stopped. I let can sit for an hour, shook
again and then tried spraying with the can upside down. You need to wear
a pair of gloves for sure, but it worked, I'm happy

Great tip on clearing spray cans. woodchucker[_3_] Woodworking 6 February 3rd 15 10:44 AM
HVLP spray nozzles getting clogged up Brent Metalworking 4 March 28th 08 11:55 PM
American Traditions spray cans C & E Woodworking 2 January 30th 07 09:11 PM
Old paint cans Missy R. Home Ownership 3 December 15th 06 11:08 PM
Cellulose lacquer spray cans? MG UK diy 2 June 3rd 06 01:22 PM