DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clogged spray paint cans (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/383978-re-clogged-spray-paint-cans.html)

Blueonblue August 16th 15 09:44 PM

Clogged spray paint cans

replying to Stormin Mormon, Blueonblue wrote:
cayoung61**spamblock## wrote:

Took a can of Rust Oleum white spray paint out side. Quick spray job. I'm
shaking the can as I walk outdoors. Got about half a second of spray from
the can, and the spray stops. Nearly new can.
What's with that? Do they do that on purpose? I did shake the can like it
says on the label. And it was upright, so I wasn't venting the pressure
only.
Is there a trick or secret I don't know?

Got a brand new can, same thing happened to me, shook like crazy, it
sprayed for a few seconds then stopped. I let can sit for an hour, shook
again and then tried spraying with the can upside down. You need to wear
a pair of gloves for sure, but it worked, I'm happy