Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. 12 year old aces Mensa test.

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/15 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

What a nerd! Probably has a Mac!
Posted to alt.home.repair

J Burns wrote:
On 8/7/15 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

What a nerd! Probably has a Mac!

Super nerdess?
Future president?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 7 Aug 2015 22:35:26 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

On 8/7/15 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

What a nerd! Probably has a Mac!

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/7/15 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

What a nerd! Probably has a Mac!

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

The 12 year old is a cute girl. She'll be hell on wheels in 5 to 10 years. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Dummy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/7/15 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

What a nerd! Probably has a Mac!

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/7/15 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

What a nerd! Probably has a Mac!

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

I like this quote from that article about her, “She often thinks outside
of the box,” Jim explains. “She sees things with a different point of
view, even when many adults might be scratching their heads.”

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 12:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/8/2015 9:26 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

I like this quote from that article about her, “She often thinks outside
of the box,” Jim explains. “She sees things with a different point of
view, even when many adults might be scratching their heads.”

Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 1:11:33 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/8/2015 12:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/8/2015 9:26 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

I like this quote from that article about her, €œShe often thinks outside
of the box,€ Jim explains. €œShe sees things with a different point of
view, even when many adults might be scratching their heads.€

Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?
--
.

She's from England and their schools haven't quite been destroyed yet. There are some excellent private schools there and she may have attended one of those. Regardless, she's a remarkable kid and hopefully nothing ever happens to tear her down. (•Ή—‘•Ή)

[8~{} Uncle Mensa Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 2:11 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/8/2015 12:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/8/2015 9:26 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

I like this quote from that article about her, “She often thinks outside
of the box,” Jim explains. “She sees things with a different point of
view, even when many adults might be scratching their heads.”

Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 3:43 PM, Kenny wrote:

Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the
problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.

Not to mention the lack of discipline in the schools. Don't touch a kid
either. even if they tell you to go F... yourself. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 3:43 PM, Kenny wrote:
On 8/8/2015 2:11 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the
problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.

Well, it opens up interesting questions. I'll admit
that I don't know the answer to this, and not going
to take the time to research it on the web. I suspect
I'd not find an honest answer on the web, everyone
has a bias in one direction or the other.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:43:10 -0400, Kenny
wrote:

On 8/8/2015 2:11 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/8/2015 12:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/8/2015 9:26 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

I like this quote from that article about her, “She often thinks outside
of the box,” Jim explains. “She sees things with a different point of
view, even when many adults might be scratching their heads.”

Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.

Yup. If you interact with little kids you don't find any "thugs".
They learn those bad habits from their parents and parents friends.
Often the parents are thugs to their own kids and/or they act like
thugs in front of their kids and provide a thug role-model for them.
IMHO almost all kids start out as decent human beings with the
capability of being at least a halfway decent member of society but
then the parents screw them all up. Then the cycle repeats itself
because it's not politically correct to say poor people who can't
afford kids shouldn't be having kids.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 8:02 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:43:10 -0400, Kenny

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.

Yup. If you interact with little kids you don't find any "thugs".
They learn those bad habits from their parents and parents friends.
Often the parents are thugs to their own kids and/or they act like
thugs in front of their kids and provide a thug role-model for them.
IMHO almost all kids start out as decent human beings with the
capability of being at least a halfway decent member of society but
then the parents screw them all up. Then the cycle repeats itself
because it's not politically correct to say poor people who can't
afford kids shouldn't be having kids.

Are you sure they aren't born thugs? ((sorry, I couldn't help myself))

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kenny writes:

On 8/8/2015 2:11 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/8/2015 12:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/8/2015 9:26 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
From Yahoo:
http://tinyurl.com/phdhg9w

Probably reads books too. Who needs him.

Her.

And a very pretty 12 year old at that.

I like this quote from that article about her, €œShe often thinks outside
of the box,€ Jim explains. €œShe sees things with a different point of
view, even when many adults might be scratching their heads.€

Likely home schooled, too. Modern government schools
don't do much for creativity.

What does it say when proletariat parents can
better educate kids than government approved
teachers?

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the
problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.

"... shes always been excellent at math, performing several years
ahead of her age group in school,€

I suspect she goes to school like most other kids.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 9:38 PM, Muggles wrote:

Yup. If you interact with little kids you don't find any "thugs".
They learn those bad habits from their parents and parents friends.
Often the parents are thugs to their own kids and/or they act like
thugs in front of their kids and provide a thug role-model for them.
IMHO almost all kids start out as decent human beings with the
capability of being at least a halfway decent member of society but
then the parents screw them all up. Then the cycle repeats itself
because it's not politically correct to say poor people who can't
afford kids shouldn't be having kids.

Are you sure they aren't born thugs? ((sorry, I couldn't help myself))

I think some are. Parental guidance is important, but it is not
everything. There have been many nature/nurture studies and
discussions, but I know what I've seen in real life.

Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 11:52:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I adore little kids and I've yet to meet one who was born a racist or a thug. I do know a few who are the spawn of Satan but that's only because they're very hyperactive for several reasons like me being a drug baby. That's the reason I can communicate with and understand the poor little bonkers critters. ʘ€ΏΚ˜

[8~{} Uncle Hyper Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 11:52:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

....or, is it constantly thrown in the face of the 3rd, "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 11:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2015 11:04 AM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Of course they do, but why do they make those choices?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2015 10:44 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 11:52:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

...or, is it constantly thrown in the face of the 3rd, "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister?"

BTDT in fifth grade with a crotchety old nun. After a few weeks I was
in a different classroom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Muggles:
Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

One kid has an IQ of 140, the other has an IQ of 85.

One winds up with a Phd in Oceanographics and a tenured position at a
major university. The other winds up working in the card-processing
room of an IT department.

Seen it firsthand and it's nothing to do with choices - any more than
Itzak Pearlman's not being able to play NBA basketball.

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

There can also be a certain arrogance the "I've got mine and the only
reason you don't have yours is that you didn't do the right things."

True sometimes, patently false other times.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2015 4:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Part of it could be related to their personality type, I think, and the
rest related to how they process information - they make a decision.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2015 4:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

One kid has an IQ of 140, the other has an IQ of 85.

One winds up with a Phd in Oceanographics and a tenured position at a
major university. The other winds up working in the card-processing
room of an IT department.

They both chose to be law abiding citizens with jobs vs. choosing to be
criminals.

Seen it firsthand and it's nothing to do with choices - any more than
Itzak Pearlman's not being able to play NBA basketball.

If someone makes up their mind to do something, then they usually spend
the time involved that it takes to learn how to do it. Even short
people play NBA basketball, but many people take the easy road that
doesn't require as much effort.

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I think we all have our own limitations as far as natural talent goes,
but we still have choices what we'll do or what we'll settle for, even,
don't you think?

There can also be a certain arrogance the "I've got mine and the only
reason you don't have yours is that you didn't do the right things."

Sometimes, that's the truth, other times opportunities just may not be
the same for both people. It's still the choices we make that define
who we end up becoming.

True sometimes, patently false other times.

Agreed.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 20:38:34 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 8/8/2015 8:02 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:43:10 -0400, Kenny

While it's true there may be a few bad teachers, the majority of the problem is bad parenting and a bad home life.

Yup. If you interact with little kids you don't find any "thugs".
They learn those bad habits from their parents and parents friends.
Often the parents are thugs to their own kids and/or they act like
thugs in front of their kids and provide a thug role-model for them.
IMHO almost all kids start out as decent human beings with the
capability of being at least a halfway decent member of society but
then the parents screw them all up. Then the cycle repeats itself
because it's not politically correct to say poor people who can't
afford kids shouldn't be having kids.

Are you sure they aren't born thugs? ((sorry, I couldn't help myself))

I can't be sure. I don't think they are though and my experience
suggests they are not. What do you think?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 00:52:23 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

True but I don't think this was about how 1 out of 3 kids goes bad but
how virtually ALL the kids of certain parts of town turning out to be
criminals... where you are lucky if 1 out of 3 kids ISN'T in jail by
the time they are 18. Go to a drug users home (I've rented to some
unknowingly) and you find that the YOUNG children are just children
(unless the parents are out and out abusers of both drugs and the
children) but the older ones start to get hardened in a way "normally"
raised kids do not. By the time they are 12 they are probably ruined
for life from the environment the parents have created around them.

There was a youtube video making the news of some little kid, maybe 2
to 3 who told his mom to "**** off" or something like that. What
environment do you raise a little kid in where they learn that is a
"normal" response to being asked to pick up your shoes. Were you
raised that way? I doubt it. Would you raise your kids that way? I
doubt that too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 07:44:55 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 11:52:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

...or, is it constantly thrown in the face of the 3rd, "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister?"

Heck, even "why can't you be more like little Tommy next door". I
never knew I was a "good kid" in some neighbors eyes until one day the
kid next door came over and complained how his mother told him "Why
can't you be more like Jimmy". The kid WAS kind of an asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 17:22:04 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

There's still time....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

One kid has an IQ of 140, the other has an IQ of 85.

One winds up with a Phd in Oceanographics and a tenured position at a
major university. The other winds up working in the card-processing
room of an IT department.

Seen it firsthand and it's nothing to do with choices - any more than
Itzak Pearlman's not being able to play NBA basketball.

I've seen a few 140+ IQ doing menial work too. They can't always handle
the stress of real jobs with responsibility.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

There's still time....

I AM OUTRAGED!!!!! SIMPLY OUTRAGED!!!! WHAT THE HELL
DID YOU DO WITH MY ICE CREAM AND PICKLES YOU WORTHLESS
LOUT!

Da, comrade, can do any zing. Now, off to gulag with
you useless proletariat scum.

And, did you see me coming off that triple axle? I
thought I was going to twist an ankle off, but my
calcium and estrogen pills were working that day,
sweets. Now get me a water, dear.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ed Pawlowski:
I've seen a few 140+ IQ doing menial work too. They can't always handle
the stress of real jobs with responsibility.

I worked with one for 10+ years. Not "menial" work - computer
application development and User Support... but with the brains he had I
would have thought the sky was the limit.... but there were personality
issues: deep-down a truly good person, but abrasive on the surface.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 10:13:19 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've seen a few 140+ IQ doing menial work too. They can't always handle the stress of real jobs with responsibility.

I'm in the 140 crowd. My sister is in the 120's.
She has her PHD in math and I'm working menial in a pharmacy.

Looking back it was all about choices. She was class Valedictorian and I would rather play with friends than do homework.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 4:10:03 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/9/2015 10:44 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 11:52:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

...or, is it constantly thrown in the face of the 3rd, "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister?"

BTDT in fifth grade with a crotchety old nun. After a few weeks I was
in a different classroom.

OH MY GOD! You actually escaped? I was never able to escape the abuse of Sister Godzilla. Me and my brother never told our parents of the torture we endured at the hands of that psychotic nun because our parents would blame us and tell us we deserved it. (Š™_˜‰)

[8~{} Uncle Terrified Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 4:10:52 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
[...]

As a kid I was exposed to huge amounts of tobacco smoke which I'm allergic to. I had a very hard time breathing so I never developed into a track star. Often, a kids development depends on the environment the child grows up in. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suffocating Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

There's still time....

The asylums are full of people who believe they've achieved that. ‰–€Ώ‰–

[8~{} Uncle Bonkers Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 6:19 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

We're probably cousins cuz I was exposed to the same breathing hazards
growing up, and have similar allergies to floating smoke and VOC's. I
can't even go shopping in some furniture stores because the VOC's in the
air make me pretty sick. I can tolerate about 20 mins. then I have to
exit the building. If I walk past someone who's been smoking I can
smell them coming and have to hold my breath as they pass by for the
same reasons.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:18:02 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I can tell if there is someone smoking in the car in front of me on the freeway. I have a hard time getting people to understand how sensitive I am to that crap. I had the medical transport crew come to the center to take me to the hospital for a sleep study. They took me through the back entrance where there's a patio for all the smokers go to get their fix. By the time I got to the hospital, I was having trouble breathing. Of course the sleep study didn't go so well. The doctors were convinced that I needed a CPAP machine and sent a rep to the center to deliver and set one up for me. I've never used it because I don't have trouble sleeping unless I have a cold or allergies hindering my breathing. ΰ²*_ΰ²*

[8~{} Uncle Snot Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Muggles:
As a kid I was exposed to huge amounts of tobacco smoke which I'm allergic
to. I had a very hard time breathing so I never developed into a track star.
Often, a kids development depends on the environment the child grows up in. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suffocating Monster

We're probably cousins cuz I was exposed to the same breathing hazards
growing up, and have similar allergies to floating smoke and VOC's. I
can't even go shopping in some furniture stores because the VOC's in the
air make me pretty sick. I can tolerate about 20 mins. then I have to
exit the building. If I walk past someone who's been smoking I can
smell them coming and have to hold my breath as they pass by for the
same reasons.

Where I worked - before smoking was banned in the workplace - I knew at
least a half-dozen people who got mildly sick/headachy at about the same
time every afternoon, regular as clockwork.

It stopped when smoking in the workplace was banned.
--
Pete Cresswell

AFCI test rig and test design Robert Green Home Repair 16 July 18th 13 08:12 AM
12 year-old girl and others charged in beating and branding incidentof 15-year-old AWS Electronics Repair 0 March 6th 11 04:37 AM
Another MENSA candidate geoff UK diy 59 November 10th 09 12:34 AM
SOFIANE BAHRI 0021275831620 new year 2007 new year 2007 new year 2007 Sofiane Le King Of Internet UK diy 0 January 1st 07 11:50 AM
OEF: Sgt. Anton Hiett of Mount Airy, a 25-year-old Army reservist who volunteered to go to Afghanistan a medic, leaves behind a wife, Misty, and a 2-year-old daughter, Kyra. Woodworking 0 March 16th 06 11:16 AM