Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. 12 year old aces Mensa test.

On 8/13/2015 7:28 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I have a hard time getting people to understand how

sensitive I am to that crap. I had the medical transport
crew come to the center to take me to the hospital for
a sleep study. They took me through the back entrance
where there's a patio for all the smokers go to get
their fix. By the time I got to the hospital, I was
having trouble breathing. Of course the sleep study
didn't go so well. The doctors were convinced that I
needed a CPAP machine and sent a rep to the center to
deliver and set one up for me. I've never used it
because I don't have trouble sleeping unless I have
a cold or allergies hindering my breathing. *_*

[8~{} Uncle Snot Monster

Here is a word you can use in conversation: "iatrogenic".

Totally fits the narrative, above.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 6:28 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:18:02 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/13/2015 6:19 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 4:10:52 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

One kid has an IQ of 140, the other has an IQ of 85.

One winds up with a Phd in Oceanographics and a tenured position at a
major university. The other winds up working in the card-processing
room of an IT department.

Seen it firsthand and it's nothing to do with choices - any more than
Itzak Pearlman's not being able to play NBA basketball.

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

There can also be a certain arrogance the "I've got mine and the only
reason you don't have yours is that you didn't do the right things."

True sometimes, patently false other times.
--
Pete Cresswell

As a kid I was exposed to huge amounts of tobacco smoke which I'm allergic
to. I had a very hard time breathing so I never developed into a track star.
Often, a kids development depends on the environment the child grows up in. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suffocating Monster

We're probably cousins cuz I was exposed to the same breathing hazards
growing up, and have similar allergies to floating smoke and VOC's. I
can't even go shopping in some furniture stores because the VOC's in the
air make me pretty sick. I can tolerate about 20 mins. then I have to
exit the building. If I walk past someone who's been smoking I can
smell them coming and have to hold my breath as they pass by for the
same reasons.

--
Maggie

I can tell if there is someone smoking in the car in front of me on the freeway. I have a hard time getting people to understand how sensitive I am to that crap. I had the medical transport crew come to the center to take me to the hospital for a sleep study. They took me through the back entrance where there's a patio for all the smokers go to get their fix. By the time I got to the hospital, I was having trouble breathing. Of course the sleep study didn't go so well. The doctors were convinced that I needed a CPAP machine and sent a rep to the center to deliver and set one up for me. I've never used it because I don't have trouble sleeping unless I have a cold or allergies hindering my breathing. *_*

[8~{} Uncle Snot Monster

I just get extremely nauseated when I get around cigarette smoke.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 6:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
As a kid I was exposed to huge amounts of tobacco smoke which I'm allergic
to. I had a very hard time breathing so I never developed into a track star.
Often, a kids development depends on the environment the child grows up in. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suffocating Monster

We're probably cousins cuz I was exposed to the same breathing hazards
growing up, and have similar allergies to floating smoke and VOC's. I
can't even go shopping in some furniture stores because the VOC's in the
air make me pretty sick. I can tolerate about 20 mins. then I have to
exit the building. If I walk past someone who's been smoking I can
smell them coming and have to hold my breath as they pass by for the
same reasons.

Where I worked - before smoking was banned in the workplace - I knew at
least a half-dozen people who got mildly sick/headachy at about the same
time every afternoon, regular as clockwork.

It stopped when smoking in the workplace was banned.

It isn't just the cigarette smoke itself, it's the smoke that gets
absorbed onto people's clothes and hair.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Muggles:
It isn't just the cigarette smoke itself, it's the smoke that gets
absorbed onto people's clothes and hair.

You are preaching to the choir. Used to vanpool to work and there was
this one guy who must've spent most of his waking hours sucking on a
cigarette - and, in the winter, he wore this wool overcoat.

Man!... talk about a *stench*....

Every time I am in an elevator and some nudnik who has been smoking
steps in and exhales I think "Geeze, if you had farted, you'd be
embarrassed."
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2015 11:54 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
It isn't just the cigarette smoke itself, it's the smoke that gets
absorbed onto people's clothes and hair.

You are preaching to the choir. Used to vanpool to work and there was
this one guy who must've spent most of his waking hours sucking on a
cigarette - and, in the winter, he wore this wool overcoat.

Man!... talk about a *stench*....

Every time I am in an elevator and some nudnik who has been smoking
steps in and exhales I think "Geeze, if you had farted, you'd be
embarrassed."

I honestly don't think they know what they smell like.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Muggles:
I honestly don't think they know what they smell like.

My dad used to work in the oil fields of Sarawak/Borneo - apparently a
seriously-smelly environment.

His recollection was that in something less than an hour, one's sense of
smell adapts to a constant odor and the odor is no longer noticed.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 11:54:33 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
It isn't just the cigarette smoke itself, it's the smoke that gets
absorbed onto people's clothes and hair.

You are preaching to the choir. Used to vanpool to work and there was
this one guy who must've spent most of his waking hours sucking on a
cigarette - and, in the winter, he wore this wool overcoat.

Man!... talk about a *stench*....

Every time I am in an elevator and some nudnik who has been smoking
steps in and exhales I think "Geeze, if you had farted, you'd be
embarrassed."
--
Pete Cresswell

Speaking of farts, I've always wanted build a monster fart device out of a whoopee cushion and a CO2 cylinder that could be concealed under a jacket or coat. The gag would be to have a cohort with a hidden video camera who'd get on an elevator with me to record reactions from people as I let out inhuman, impossibly long and loud farts. I thought nobody could fart like that which is what would make it so funny, that is, until I met a really great old guy who was one of my last roommates here at the nursing home. He was here to recover from total knee replacement surgery. At 75, he'd also had a section of his colon removed and for whatever reason, the old fellow had the most epic farts I'd ever heard in my life. I swear, when he'd go to the bathroom, he'd let out farts that lasted 15 seconds without pause. His farts were breathtaking.(θ෴θ)

[8~{} Uncle Fart Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. 12 year old / smokers stink cluelessly

On 8/14/2015 1:46 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
I honestly don't think they know what they smell like.

My dad used to work in the oil fields of Sarawak/Borneo - apparently a
seriously-smelly environment.

His recollection was that in something less than an hour, one's sense of
smell adapts to a constant odor and the odor is no longer noticed.

I observed that while cleaning grease trap
at McDonalds.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. 12 year / farts extreme

On 8/14/2015 2:25 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Did he die, or just run out of gas?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
At 75, he'd also had a
section of his colon removed and for whatever reason,
the old fellow had the most epic farts I'd ever heard
in my life. I swear, when he'd go to the bathroom,
he'd let out farts that lasted 15 seconds without
pause. His farts were breathtaking.(???)

This guy might have had him beat:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
His recollection was that in something less than an hour, one's sense of
smell adapts to a constant odor and the odor is no longer noticed.

I observed that while cleaning grease trap
at McDonalds.

Now that I am thinking about it, there was a lady where I worked (nice
lady...) that discovered perfume late in life.

At first it was about right... then it got stronger and stronger until
she reeked of the stuff from across a room.

The prevailing theory was that people get used to the smell and then
apply more and more of the stuff until they get the smell they are
accustomed to.... and nobody warned her about that.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:30:32 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/9/2015 8:53 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 17:22:04 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

There's still time....

I AM OUTRAGED!!!!! SIMPLY OUTRAGED!!!! WHAT THE HELL
DID YOU DO WITH MY ICE CREAM AND PICKLES YOU WORTHLESS
LOUT!

Da, comrade, can do any zing. Now, off to gulag with
you useless proletariat scum.

And, did you see me coming off that triple axle? I
thought I was going to twist an ankle off, but my
calcium and estrogen pills were working that day,
sweets. Now get me a water, dear.

Perrier or Evian?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

There's still time....

I AM OUTRAGED!!!!! SIMPLY OUTRAGED!!!! WHAT THE HELL
DID YOU DO WITH MY ICE CREAM AND PICKLES YOU WORTHLESS
LOUT!

Da, comrade, can do any zing. Now, off to gulag with
you useless proletariat scum.

And, did you see me coming off that triple axle? I
thought I was going to twist an ankle off, but my
calcium and estrogen pills were working that day,
sweets. Now get me a water, dear.

Perrier or Evian?

NEITHER! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/9/2015 5:10 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

I want to get pregnant.
I want to be the Czar of Russia.
I want to win the womens figure skating Olympic event.

Anything? Really? Not by me, anyway.

There's still time....

I AM OUTRAGED!!!!! SIMPLY OUTRAGED!!!! WHAT THE HELL
DID YOU DO WITH MY ICE CREAM AND PICKLES YOU WORTHLESS
LOUT!

Da, comrade, can do any zing. Now, off to gulag with
you useless proletariat scum.

And, did you see me coming off that triple axle? I
thought I was going to twist an ankle off, but my
calcium and estrogen pills were working that day,
sweets. Now get me a water, dear.

Perrier or Evian?

NEITHER! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!!

I forgot, all your water's been turned into wine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 12:56:56 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
I honestly don't think they know what they smell like.

--
Maggie

I'm a smoker and cannot tell. Not one bit.
I do not smoke in my house because I know it stinks to visitors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/2015 9:18 AM, Thomas wrote:
On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 12:56:56 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
I honestly don't think they know what they smell like.

--
Maggie

I'm a smoker and cannot tell. Not one bit.
I do not smoke in my house because I know it stinks to visitors.

My parents were chain smokers. One day someone asked me if I smoked, and
I was horrified to hear from that that I smelled like I smoked. There
wasn't anything I could do about it living at home with 2 chain smokers.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Muggles:
I'm a smoker and cannot tell. Not one bit.
I do not smoke in my house because I know it stinks to visitors.

My parents were chain smokers. One day someone asked me if I smoked, and
I was horrified to hear from that that I smelled like I smoked. There
wasn't anything I could do about it living at home with 2 chain smokers.

That's one angle that I have not seen presented in anti-smoking
commercials: "You smoke, you stink....".

Truth in advertising.... -)

Seems like it would have potential - especially for kids.

Only one I have seen so far that seemed like it would hit home showed a
young woman clutching a cigarette and lighter on the subway - in such a
way that it was obvious that this was an addict.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/2015 3:16 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
I'm a smoker and cannot tell. Not one bit.
I do not smoke in my house because I know it stinks to visitors.

My parents were chain smokers. One day someone asked me if I smoked, and
I was horrified to hear from that that I smelled like I smoked. There
wasn't anything I could do about it living at home with 2 chain smokers.

That's one angle that I have not seen presented in anti-smoking
commercials: "You smoke, you stink....".

Truth in advertising.... -)

Seems like it would have potential - especially for kids.

Only one I have seen so far that seemed like it would hit home showed a
young woman clutching a cigarette and lighter on the subway - in such a
way that it was obvious that this was an addict.

When the light came through the windows you could see the floating cloud
of smoke starting from chest high and it went to the ceiling. You could
blow a breath of air at it and it would swirl around, but it never went
away.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 12:28:26 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/17/2015 9:18 AM, Thomas wrote:
On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 12:56:56 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
I honestly don't think they know what they smell like.

--
Maggie

I'm a smoker and cannot tell. Not one bit.
I do not smoke in my house because I know it stinks to visitors.

My parents were chain smokers. One day someone asked me if I smoked, and
I was horrified to hear from that that I smelled like I smoked. There
wasn't anything I could do about it living at home with 2 chain smokers.

--
Maggie

Check out the videos. Be sure to read the description. There is so much proof and other evidence of what smoking does to children before and after they're born, no one has any excuse to do it or allow it anymore. *_*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjZlx3x8cU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxYKXPlf_gw

[8~{} Uncle Allergic Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2015 11:30 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

yeah ... I was sick a lot growing up.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:12:17 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Me too but I can't hate my parents because of it because they didn't know any better. Fraking cigarette commercials of the time touted smoking as good for your health. (_)

[8~{} Uncle Sneezing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2015 12:20 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Both parents are gone now. Both died from health problems as a result
of them smoking.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

There is ZERO evidence that second hand smoke can harm you.
Government created that myth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

You don't believe asthma can kill? I become extremely ill and have a very hard time breathing when I'm exposed to tobacco smoke. I've had pneumonia before and I wouldn't be here if I'd been exposed to tobacco smoke at the time.(*)

[8~{} Uncle Wheezing Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Show the scientific evidence.
Since you went straight to name calling
you most likely have none.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Did second hand smoke cause the asthma?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per Muggles:
I'm a smoker and cannot tell. Not one bit.
I do not smoke in my house because I know it stinks to visitors.

My parents were chain smokers. One day someone asked me if I smoked, and
I was horrified to hear from that that I smelled like I smoked. There
wasn't anything I could do about it living at home with 2 chain smokers.

That's one angle that I have not seen presented in anti-smoking
commercials: "You smoke, you stink....".

Truth in advertising.... -)

Seems like it would have potential - especially for kids.

Only one I have seen so far that seemed like it would hit home showed a
young woman clutching a cigarette and lighter on the subway - in such a
way that it was obvious that this was an addict.
--
Pete Cresswell

Hey Pete let me tell you something that you and perhaps others must have
never hear of
The Old Aristocrat's doing time of Katharine the Great in Europe, must
Female many years ago,
use to ware long wide dresses, present generation would see that only in
some old pictures.
This females would make "fire" with some special kind wood that would smoke
and they would
sit or stand over this fire while harnessing smoke to purify they Vagina and
would help them to
shrink some what according to stories. Giving more pleasure to Cars and
Kings. ha ha he he

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:

Me too but I can't hate my parents because of it because they didn't
know any better. Fraking cigarette commercials of the time touted
smoking as good for your health. (_)

[8~{} Uncle Sneezing Monster

There is ZERO evidence that second hand smoke can harm you.
Government created that myth.

I had ear infections often, and my sister had
bronchitis, and more. You want to look at the
two hearing aids I wear every day and call them
a myth? Help your self.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:

Me too but I can't hate my parents because of it because they
didn't know any better. Fraking cigarette commercials of the time
touted smoking as good for your health. (_)

[8~{} Uncle Sneezing Monster

There is ZERO evidence that second hand smoke can harm you.
Government created that myth.

I had ear infections often, and my sister had
bronchitis, and more. You want to look at the
two hearing aids I wear every day and call them
a myth? Help your self.

http://www.lds.org

Heal thy self...then..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. 12 year old doesn't smoke

"tony944" wrote:

There is ZERO evidence that second hand smoke can harm you.
Government created that myth.

You Sir are "IDIOT

Show the scientific evidence.
Since you went straight to name calling
you most likely have none.

Evidence that gov't made up the smoking harm myth?

Seems to be accepted myth, now days, I guess.

BTW, how's that spray can global cooling we
forecast, in the seventies? Aerosol cans, and all?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had ear infections often, and my sister had
bronchitis, and more. You want to look at the
two hearing aids I wear every day and call them
a myth? Help your self.

http://www.lds.org

Heal thy self...then..

I'm waiting for a government program, and lots of money.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per burfordtjustice:
There is ZERO evidence that second hand smoke can harm you.
Government created that myth.

It may come down to the semantics of "Harm".

Penn & Teller dedicated a show to the proposition that there was no
"harm" from secondhand smoke.

Quotes for obvious reasons....
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

When I was a fetus my mother was chain smoking and when I was out side the womb I was exposed to airborne tobacco smoke from other people too. I had trouble breathing until my parents quit smoking when I was a teenager but I still developed breathing trouble when around smokers. Now, when I'm exposed to tobacco smoke I immediately become severely congested and my airways become constricted. As a child I wasn't a snot nosed kid, I was a green slime kid. My brother is the same way because we shared the same environment. Of course my opinion is based on my personal experience and observations. Tobacco smoke is like pepper spray to me. Farts don't have the same effect on me. The odor from the rotting corpses of smokers doesn't impair my breathing so I've determined it's the smoke from burning tobacco that affects my breathing. (ง'̀-'́)ง

[8~{} Uncle Sniffling Monster

AFCI test rig and test design Robert Green Home Repair 16 July 18th 13 08:12 AM
12 year-old girl and others charged in beating and branding incidentof 15-year-old AWS Electronics Repair 0 March 6th 11 04:37 AM
Another MENSA candidate geoff UK diy 59 November 10th 09 12:34 AM
SOFIANE BAHRI 0021275831620 new year 2007 new year 2007 new year 2007 Sofiane Le King Of Internet UK diy 0 January 1st 07 11:50 AM
OEF: Sgt. Anton Hiett of Mount Airy, a 25-year-old Army reservist who volunteered to go to Afghanistan a medic, leaves behind a wife, Misty, and a 2-year-old daughter, Kyra. Woodworking 0 March 16th 06 11:16 AM