Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. 12 year old aces Mensa test.

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:18:02 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/13/2015 6:19 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 4:10:52 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

One kid has an IQ of 140, the other has an IQ of 85.

One winds up with a Phd in Oceanographics and a tenured position at a
major university. The other winds up working in the card-processing
room of an IT department.

Seen it firsthand and it's nothing to do with choices - any more than
Itzak Pearlman's not being able to play NBA basketball.

People who tell others "You can do anything you put your mind to." have,
IMHO, a limited view of life and the world in general.

There can also be a certain arrogance the "I've got mine and the only
reason you don't have yours is that you didn't do the right things."

True sometimes, patently false other times.
--
Pete Cresswell

As a kid I was exposed to huge amounts of tobacco smoke which I'm allergic
to. I had a very hard time breathing so I never developed into a track star.
Often, a kids development depends on the environment the child grows up in. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suffocating Monster

We're probably cousins cuz I was exposed to the same breathing hazards
growing up, and have similar allergies to floating smoke and VOC's. I
can't even go shopping in some furniture stores because the VOC's in the
air make me pretty sick. I can tolerate about 20 mins. then I have to
exit the building. If I walk past someone who's been smoking I can
smell them coming and have to hold my breath as they pass by for the
same reasons.

--
Maggie

I can tell if there is someone smoking in the car in front of me on the freeway. I have a hard time getting people to understand how sensitive I am to that crap. I had the medical transport crew come to the center to take me to the hospital for a sleep study. They took me through the back entrance where there's a patio for all the smokers go to get their fix. By the time I got to the hospital, I was having trouble breathing. Of course the sleep study didn't go so well. The doctors were convinced that I needed a CPAP machine and sent a rep to the center to deliver and set one up for me. I've never used it because I don't have trouble sleeping unless I have a cold or allergies hindering my breathing. à²*_à²*

[8~{} Uncle Snot Monster