Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default OT. 12 year old aces Mensa test.

On 8/8/2015 11:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/8/2015 9:38 PM, Muggles wrote:

Yup. If you interact with little kids you don't find any "thugs".
They learn those bad habits from their parents and parents friends.
Often the parents are thugs to their own kids and/or they act like
thugs in front of their kids and provide a thug role-model for them.
IMHO almost all kids start out as decent human beings with the
capability of being at least a halfway decent member of society but
then the parents screw them all up. Then the cycle repeats itself
because it's not politically correct to say poor people who can't
afford kids shouldn't be having kids.

Are you sure they aren't born thugs? ((sorry, I couldn't help myself))

I think some are. Parental guidance is important, but it is not
everything. There have been many nature/nurture studies and
discussions, but I know what I've seen in real life.

Many of us have seen families with two or three kids that have the same
upbringing, same chances for education, activities, whatever. One ends
up a doctor, another a scientist, the third one is in jail for armed
robbery and drug trafficing.

I think people end up that way because of the choices they make.

--
Maggie