Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't let your wife buy a shower curtain

I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

Not only have we now ripped the room entirely apart and put it back
together , we've redone the living room, dining room

and now are re-doing the entire kitchen (except for the floor)

She originally made no plans for new lighting and someone here mentioned
that.

Yesterday she said, "Hey we should replace the lights too"

Immediately I agreed and told her "saw that coming"

My wife and I are doing most of it ourselves and pay a friend to assist.

The only thing we are "hiring out" for is the wall paper hanger

and the installation of the new sink/counter.

Home Depot told me they require their own contractor to measure and
install it ...
that's fine with me. Because I will remove the old one and do the
plumbing hook up the price is minimal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 9:51 AM, philo wrote:
I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass
doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 10:02:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/2/2015 9:51 AM, philo wrote:
I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass
doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

These are cheaper: http://tinyurl.com/pzawypz

Bachelorhood does have its advantages. No one asks me
"Are you really going .......... looking like that?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 8:51 AM, philo wrote:
[...]

At least you're busy and not bored! haha

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 9:51 AM, philo wrote:
I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass
doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

These are cheaper: http://tinyurl.com/pzawypz

Bachelorhood does have its advantages. No one asks me
"Are you really going .......... looking like that?"

--

I don't own a woman either, they're too expensive to maintain. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

[8~{} Uncle Single Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2015 9:51 AM, philo wrote:
I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass
doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

I have neither curtains nor doors, just big showers sunk a bit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2015 10:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2015 9:51 AM, philo wrote:
I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass
doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

25 years ago I ripped the kitchen down to the 2 x 4"

(real 2 x 4" in this 117 yr old house and put in 5/8" drywall.

At least that is still good.

25 year old wallpaper is coming out tomorrow
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2015 03:58 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2015 9:51 AM, philo wrote:
I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass
doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

I have neither curtains nor doors, just big showers sunk a bit

I can take a shower with no curtain, washing my hair ( or lack of it)
takes two seconds.

I think she needs it done right though
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2015 10:37 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 8/2/2015 8:51 AM, philo wrote:

My wife and I are doing most of it ourselves and pay a friend to assist.

The only thing we are "hiring out" for is the wall paper hanger

and the installation of the new sink/counter.

Home Depot told me they require their own contractor to measure and
install it ...
that's fine with me. Because I will remove the old one and do the
plumbing hook up the price is minimal.

At least you're busy and not bored! haha

Since I retired 3 years ago I think I've had all of three days of down time
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 8:51 AM, philo wrote:

My wife and I are doing most of it ourselves and pay a friend to assist.

The only thing we are "hiring out" for is the wall paper hanger

and the installation of the new sink/counter.

Home Depot told me they require their own contractor to measure and
install it ...
that's fine with me. Because I will remove the old one and do the
plumbing hook up the price is minimal.

At least you're busy and not bored! haha

Since I retired 3 years ago I think I've had all of three days of down time

Some people retire and a month after they do they die. I want to keep
going, and so far so good since I retired, just like you.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2015 04:50 PM, Muggles wrote:

Since I retired 3 years ago I think I've had all of three days of down time

Some people retire and a month after they do they die. I want to keep
going, and so far so good since I retired, just like you.

yep. I've known a number of people who had no idea what they'd do...and
they soon died.

I once overheard a conversation where one of the men was well old enough

""But I would not know what to do otherwise."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 6:52 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/02/2015 04:50 PM, Muggles wrote:

Since I retired 3 years ago I think I've had all of three days of
down time

Some people retire and a month after they do they die. I want to keep
going, and so far so good since I retired, just like you.

yep. I've known a number of people who had no idea what they'd do...and
they soon died.

I once overheard a conversation where one of the men was well old enough
to retired but stayed on a job he HATED pimply because he said:

""But I would not know what to do otherwise."

The first few days I was off from work I didn't know what to do with
myself. After a few weeks of that I started working on little projects
and I haven't stopped since.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 7:52 PM, philo wrote:

I once overheard a conversation where one of the men was well old enough
to retired but stayed on a job he HATED pimply because he said:

""But I would not know what to do otherwise."

I'll turn 70 next month and still work 4 days a week, except I like my
job and co-workers. I don't consider it "work"Next year it will be 3
1/2 days
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2015 9:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2015 7:52 PM, philo wrote:

I once overheard a conversation where one of the men was well old enough
to retired but stayed on a job he HATED pimply because he said:

""But I would not know what to do otherwise."

I'll turn 70 next month and still work 4 days a week, except I like my
job and co-workers. I don't consider it "work"Next year it will be 3
1/2 days

I hope I'm still going that strong when I'm your age!

--
Maggie

Shower Curtain Rod Bill[_39_] UK diy 2 May 14th 12 03:29 PM
Installing a shower curtain MikeH UK diy 8 March 6th 09 09:08 PM
Installing a shower curtain Eddy[_2_] UK diy 2 March 6th 09 11:24 AM
Installing a shower curtain geraldthehamster UK diy 0 March 5th 09 04:44 PM
shower curtain rod Jack Home Repair 5 February 1st 05 08:20 PM