Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing a shower curtain

On Mar 5, 4:43*pm, geraldthehamster wrote:
On Mar 5, 3:17*pm, MikeH wrote:

I'm installing a shower curtain in the corner of a wet room. *Yes, I
know - a 'wet room' means there's no need for a curtain, but SWMBO
wants something to 'keep the draught out'....

The question is - should the curtain just touch the floor, or should
it hang so that it's clear of the floor?

To my mind, having it touch the floor means it will be more likely to
remain wet and encourage the growth of mould. *On the other hand if I
leave a gap it may not 'keep the draught out', and it may billow
inwards and stick to the occupant! *On this last point, it is a fairly
large shower area I'm enclosing - close to 1.5m x 1.5m - so the
billowing inwards problem may not be an issue.

So, what's the normal practice when installing a shower curtain?
Should it touch the floor or not?

Thanks,

Mike

Can you something to eliminate draughts? Block up cracks around
windows, fit fraight excluder strips to the door (and fir an
extractor).

Regards
Richard- Hide quoted text -

"draught" and "fit", obviously, rather than "fraight" and "fir".

Regards
Richard