Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Don't let your wife buy a shower curtain

I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife
decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the
bathroom looked dingy.

Not only have we now ripped the room entirely apart and put it back
together , we've redone the living room, dining room

and now are re-doing the entire kitchen (except for the floor)

She originally made no plans for new lighting and someone here mentioned
that.

Yesterday she said, "Hey we should replace the lights too"

Immediately I agreed and told her "saw that coming"

My wife and I are doing most of it ourselves and pay a friend to assist.

The only thing we are "hiring out" for is the wall paper hanger

and the installation of the new sink/counter.

Home Depot told me they require their own contractor to measure and
install it ...
that's fine with me. Because I will remove the old one and do the
plumbing hook up the price is minimal.