Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screen Door Closer installation

I own a Wright Products V2000BL Easy Touch Pneumatic Storm/Screen Door Closer.

I've installed a NEW jamb bracket -- the front edge of the jamb bracket is 1/4" from the door -- then I attached the closer to the new jamb bracket with the connecting pin.

To attach the other connecting pin to the EXISTING door bracket, I had to use a lot of strength to pull the closer out about 2 inches.

When the door is closed, the connecting pin on the jamb bracket is 2 inches from the end of the piston cylinder.

When the door is open 90 degrees, the connecting pin on the jamb bracket is 8 inches from the end of the piston cylinder.

Should I move the door bracket nearer to the door jamb? How many inches should I move it?

Screen door slams - AFTER adjusting a NEW closer... Now what? bryan[_2_] Home Repair 14 November 11th 19 04:14 AM
Storm door closer piston isn't holding to door properly trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 5 July 25th 08 12:21 PM
Removing a door fitted with a door closer DavidM UK diy 5 November 28th 07 10:09 AM
Which door closer? Wally UK diy 3 June 5th 07 09:00 PM
Door opener/closer for small (12" square?) door [email protected] UK diy 10 May 24th 05 10:58 AM