Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Screen Door Closer installation

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:07:29 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

I own a Wright Products V2000BL Easy Touch Pneumatic Storm/Screen Door Closer.

I've installed a NEW jamb bracket -- the front edge of the jamb bracket is 1/4" from the door -- then I attached the closer to the new jamb bracket with the connecting pin.

To attach the other connecting pin to the EXISTING door bracket, I had to use a lot of strength to pull the closer out about 2 inches.

When the door is closed, the connecting pin on the jamb bracket is 2 inches from the end of the piston cylinder.

When the door is open 90 degrees, the connecting pin on the jamb bracket is 8 inches from the end of the piston cylinder.

Should I move the door bracket nearer to the door jamb? How many inches should I move it?

RTFB!