Posted to alt.home.repair

Default snake in the back yard

On 06/12/2015 09:02 PM, Muggles wrote:
Long time ago I was dating a guy a few years older than me. He was all
strong and proud of it, too. He was helping me rake up the back yard
leaves and this night crawler came slithering out from under the leaves.
He screamed like a girl because he thought it was a snake. I thought I'd
die laughing!

I'm guessing he wasn't much of a fisherman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/12/2015 11:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
It sounds like something from the conspiracy nut crowd but I have to wonder who could profit from a race war. There are always those people who profit from any war by plundering what's left after it's all over. o_O

"A South politician preaches to the poor white man
“You got more than the blacks, don’t complain.
You’re better than them, you been born with white skin,” they explain.
And the Negro’s name
Is used it is plain
For the politician’s gain
As he rises to fame
And the poor white remains
On the caboose of the train
But it ain’t him to blame
He’s only a pawn in their game"

http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs/only-pawn-their-game

Dylan wrote that over 50 years ago, but it's the same game. Keep the
whites stirred up about the blacks and Hispanics and vice versa. They'll
be too busy to notice who is really screwing them. Both the Democrats
and Republicans are past masters of the game.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/12/2015 10:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Are you ready for the screams that you're a racist ? Doesn't matter that
what you say is true , it's "racism" to mention it .

I've been called worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL2Dl9rMXZY

You can substitute almost anything for 'Red'. The only safe route is to
concern yourself with the state of Kim Kardashian's butt or Bruce
Jenner's sexuality. I watched a DVD last night called 'Idiocracy'. It
was a mildly funny but very scary sci-fi flick. I think we're almost there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/13/2015 07:57 AM, Muggles wrote:
It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real garter
"snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hYBgpZdbKM

I'm a crawlin' king snake, baby.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 11:45:30 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 06/12/2015 09:02 PM, Muggles wrote:
Long time ago I was dating a guy a few years older than me. He was all
strong and proud of it, too. He was helping me rake up the back yard
leaves and this night crawler came slithering out from under the leaves.
He screamed like a girl because he thought it was a snake. I thought I'd
die laughing!

I'm guessing he wasn't much of a fisherman.

....or very queer.

A gay prisoner once declared he was "afraid of spiders!"

Another one saw a gorilla on the tier. Staff member wore a gorilla
mask down range at count time

He was transferred to the medical prison at USP Springfield, MO, by
the psychologist. Doctors sent him back as "cured".

The mask was found in the prison sewage lift - investigated as an
elaborate prison escape plot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 1:04:40 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
[...]

Who's the man behind the curtain? I keep reading that it's the world's richest families who control all the money, all the politicians and always profit from any chaos thus growing richer and more powerful. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Chaos Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 1:21:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 06/12/2015 10:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Are you ready for the screams that you're a racist ? Doesn't matter that
what you say is true , it's "racism" to mention it .

I've been called worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL2Dl9rMXZY

You can substitute almost anything for 'Red'. The only safe route is to
concern yourself with the state of Kim Kardashian's butt or Bruce
Jenner's sexuality. I watched a DVD last night called 'Idiocracy'. It
was a mildly funny but very scary sci-fi flick. I think we're almost there.

"Idiocracy" is one of my favorite comedies that is a bit scary because it seems to accurately predict the future if things keep going the way they are. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Future Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2015 9:38 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 8:57:46 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 6/12/2015 11:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
rbowman wrote:
On 06/12/2015 07:18 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
From what I've been able to find, the majority of people in Section
8 housing are Caucasian. Same with welfare, the majority appear to
be Caucasian too. The difference I've read about seems to be in the
amount of time different racial groups stay on public assistance. I
can't find a good comprehensive source for all the numbers without
spending more time searching than I care to but as I recall,
Caucasians spend the least amount of time on public assistance. But
the claim that Negro Americans make up the largest group on public
assistance looks like a misnomer to me. I wish someone with a better
source would post a link. ^_^
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

however, that has to be balanced against

The U.S. population's distribution by race and ethnicity in 2010
Non-Hispanic White 63.7 %
Non-Hispanic Black or African American 12.2 %
Non-Hispanic Asian 4.7 %
Hispanic or Latino 16.4 %

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...nd_ethnici ty

Blacks are vastly overrepresented on the welfare roles.

--
Maggie

If it goes on any longer someone will start howling "NAZI!!" 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Nazi Monster

SILENCE! I NAZI YOU! HAHA

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2015 1:26 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/13/2015 07:57 AM, Muggles wrote:
It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real garter
"snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hYBgpZdbKM

I'm a crawlin' king snake, baby.

R & B ... nice.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/13/2015 08:22 PM, Muggles wrote:
R & B ... nice.

I don't think anybody ever accused John Lee of R&B. He was just blues. I
saw him play in Maine, no fancy venue, just a clearing in the woods with
mosquitoes bigger than blue jays. No band either, just him, a guitar,
and a pallet for him to stomp out the rhythm. Like he said, all them
fancy chords don't mean a thing as long as it's got the beat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/13/2015 09:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real garter
"snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

Yes, we have a few lame-ass topic-shifting idiots here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Les Moore wrote:
On 06/13/2015 09:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real
garter "snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

Yes, we have a few lame-ass topic-shifting idiots here.

Well , it was a natural progression , as is thread drift in many usenet
groups . If you don't like it , don't read it . Actually , I think the drift
in this one started with my post about the POISONOUS SNAKE that killed a cat
just feet from where my G-kids were playing ... and the reasons it was there
.. There , back on topic . Are you happy now , or was there something else
you wanted to bitch and moan about ?

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 7:15:38 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Les Moore wrote:
On 06/13/2015 09:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real
garter "snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

Yes, we have a few lame-ass topic-shifting idiots here.

Well , it was a natural progression , as is thread drift in many usenet
groups . If you don't like it , don't read it . Actually , I think the drift
in this one started with my post about the POISONOUS SNAKE that killed a cat
just feet from where my G-kids were playing ... and the reasons it was there
. There , back on topic . Are you happy now , or was there something else
you wanted to bitch and moan about ?

--
Snag

Have you ever noticed how some posters will start bitching about topic shift when they never participate in a thread except to bitch? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bitchy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2015 12:47 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/13/2015 08:22 PM, Muggles wrote:
R & B ... nice.

I don't think anybody ever accused John Lee of R&B. He was just blues. I
saw him play in Maine, no fancy venue, just a clearing in the woods with
mosquitoes bigger than blue jays. No band either, just him, a guitar,
and a pallet for him to stomp out the rhythm. Like he said, all them
fancy chords don't mean a thing as long as it's got the beat.

"it's got the beat."

Guess that's where I got the rhythm part.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2015 6:47 AM, Les Moore wrote:
On 06/13/2015 09:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real garter
"snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

Yes, we have a few lame-ass topic-shifting idiots here.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. Just it was weird how it morphed.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/14/2015 09:54 AM, Muggles wrote:
"it's got the beat."

Guess that's where I got the rhythm part.

R&B is one of those weird labels that are hard to categorize. It's more
polished than country blues. Back in the days of 'race records' it was
the music that hit the white charts. T-bone Walker, Sam Cooke, Chuck
Berry, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Wilson Picket, Fats Domino, and so
on are typical R&B acts. Big Mama Thorton might have been R&B but it
took a white boy recording 'Hound Dog' to hit the charts.

The quick test is if you've never heard of them, they were Blues artists
-- Lightnin' Hopkins, Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, Blind Willie
Johnson, Albert King, Elmore James... Of course the genre got milked
by the white boy bands. Robert Johnson was long dead before Cream went
to the crossroad.

How's that for drift, Les?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2015 1:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/14/2015 09:54 AM, Muggles wrote:
"it's got the beat."

Guess that's where I got the rhythm part.

R&B is one of those weird labels that are hard to categorize. It's more
polished than country blues. Back in the days of 'race records' it was
the music that hit the white charts. T-bone Walker, Sam Cooke, Chuck
Berry, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Wilson Picket, Fats Domino, and so
on are typical R&B acts. Big Mama Thorton might have been R&B but it
took a white boy recording 'Hound Dog' to hit the charts.

The quick test is if you've never heard of them, they were Blues artists
-- Lightnin' Hopkins, Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, Blind Willie
Johnson, Albert King, Elmore James... Of course the genre got milked
by the white boy bands. Robert Johnson was long dead before Cream went
to the crossroad.

Whatever it's called, I like the kind that has a nice beat to it. You
know, one that makes you want to get up out of your chair and move with
the beat. It makes you feel alive, and maybe even a bit nostalgic. Or I
should say it just makes you feel something whether it's good or bad,
you just have to respond to it.

How's that for drift, Les?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 07:47:07 -0400, Les Moore wrote:

On 06/13/2015 09:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

It's weird that a thread that starts out as talking about a real garter
"snake in the back yard" morphs into talking about racism!

Yes, we have a few lame-ass topic-shifting idiots here.

You seem to be the idiot, here. When a post is answered several
times, why repeat the answer over and over?

You must be new here or the idiot. Threads drift later, idiot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Muggles, Snakeinthefire wrote:
Garter snakes are non venemous and serve a valuable function of insect and
rodent control! In fact most snakes are non venemous! Learn how to is the
dangerous snakes in your zone and live in harmony with all of them and stop
watching so much fear mongering television!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...rd-834454-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 18:14:02 GMT, Snakeinthefire
m wrote:

replying to Muggles, Snakeinthefire wrote:
Garter snakes are non venemous and serve a valuable function of insect and
rodent control! In fact most snakes are non venemous! Learn how to is the
dangerous snakes in your zone and live in harmony with all of them and stop
watching so much fear mongering television!

Nevada has five types of rattle snakes. Those vipers will kill you.

It is fact and not fear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Muggles, Snakeinthefire wrote:
Garter snakes are non venemous and serve a valuable function of insect and
rodent control! In fact most snakes are non venemous! Learn how to is the
dangerous snakes in your zone and live in harmony with all of them and stop
watching so much fear mongering television!

Nevada has five types of rattle snakes. Those vipers will kill you.

It is fact and not fear.

Â* We only have two kinds ... but we also have copperheads , coral
snakes , and water moccasins . And they're all safe on our place as long
as they stay in their place - which is out in the woods . If I catch a
poisonous snake in an area that we frequent , I'll kill it . I don't
relocate because I don't want to get bit . Might be different if I had
the tools , but since I don't I ain't getting that close . A hoe with a
5 foot handle is perfect .

Â* --

Â* Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Muggles, Snakeinthefire wrote:
Garter snakes are non venemous and serve a valuable function of insect and
rodent control! In fact most snakes are non venemous! Learn how to is the
dangerous snakes in your zone and live in harmony with all of them and stop
watching so much fear mongering television!

Nevada has five types of rattle snakes. Those vipers will kill you.

It is fact and not fear.

* We only have two kinds ... but we also have copperheads , coral
snakes , and water moccasins . And they're all safe on our place as long
as they stay in their place - which is out in the woods . If I catch a
poisonous snake in an area that we frequent , I'll kill it . I don't
relocate because I don't want to get bit . Might be different if I had
the tools , but since I don't I ain't getting that close . A hoe with a
5 foot handle is perfect .

* --

* Snag

Massasauga rattlers are about the only venomous snakes I might
encounter within 100 miles of home - The only dangerous snake native
to Ontario - and a "protected species"

Not like my time in Zambia where Pit Vipers, Maambas, Boomslang,
Cobras, Puff adders, Night Adders, Gabboon Vipers, and Twig Snakes
could all give you a "bad day" - and most were killed on sight by the
locals if in settled areas.

Not In Anyone's Back Yard The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 10 April 17th 14 10:26 PM
Wildlife in My Back Yard... Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 16 November 2nd 09 07:19 PM
back yard tree Doug Miller Home Repair 2 October 15th 08 03:16 AM
back yard tree Ed Pawlowski Home Repair 0 October 15th 08 03:05 AM
signal when someone is in the little back yard? mm Home Repair 23 February 4th 06 03:46 PM