Posted to alt.home.repair

Default back yard tree

In article , "JohnR66" wrote:
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW Ohio
and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves) and is
trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so this tree
would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and the tree would be
near the middle. I would like to start from a seed. I looked on a tree
website and there is a vast amount of possiblilities that I'd like to narrow
down. I know I can't have trees that can be attacked by EAB and oaks seem to
have problems of their own. What do you suggest?

Tulip poplar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue 14 Oct 2008 06:57:11p, Dan Espen told us...

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article ,
"JohnR66" wrote:
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW
Ohio and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves)
and is trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so
this tree would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and
the tree would be near the middle. I would like to start from a seed. I
looked on a tree website and there is a vast amount of possiblilities
that I'd like to narrow down. I know I can't have trees that can be
attacked by EAB and oaks seem to have problems of their own. What do
you suggest?

Tulip poplar.

Here are 5 of the tulip poplars in my back yard:

http://mysite.verizon.net/despen/tulip-poplar.jpg

You can come and take away all you want.
Got some in front too.

The leaf fall is monumental.

If I could get them to AZ and they would live here, I would take them!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, 10(X)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
3wks 6dys 4hrs 44mins
As they say in Beirut, Shiite happens.

back yard tree Dan Espen Home Repair 3 October 15th 08 02:49 AM
back yard tree Don Phillipson[_3_] Home Repair 1 October 15th 08 12:42 AM
back yard tree badgolferman Home Repair 1 October 14th 08 03:17 PM
back yard tree RLM Home Repair 0 October 14th 08 02:43 PM
back yard tree LouB Home Repair 0 October 14th 08 02:20 PM