DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   back yard tree (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/262668-re-back-yard-tree.html)

Doug Miller October 14th 08 11:33 PM

back yard tree

In article , "JohnR66" wrote:
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW Ohio
and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves) and is
trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so this tree
would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and the tree would be
near the middle. I would like to start from a seed. I looked on a tree
website and there is a vast amount of possiblilities that I'd like to narrow
down. I know I can't have trees that can be attacked by EAB and oaks seem to
have problems of their own. What do you suggest?

Tulip poplar.

Dan Espen October 15th 08 02:57 AM

back yard tree

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article , "JohnR66" wrote:
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW Ohio
and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves) and is
trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so this tree
would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and the tree would be
near the middle. I would like to start from a seed. I looked on a tree
website and there is a vast amount of possiblilities that I'd like to narrow
down. I know I can't have trees that can be attacked by EAB and oaks seem to
have problems of their own. What do you suggest?

Tulip poplar.

Here are 5 of the tulip poplars in my back yard:

http://mysite.verizon.net/despen/tulip-poplar.jpg

You can come and take away all you want.
Got some in front too.

The leaf fall is monumental.

Wayne Boatwright[_5_] October 15th 08 03:16 AM

back yard tree

On Tue 14 Oct 2008 06:57:11p, Dan Espen told us...

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article ,
"JohnR66" wrote:
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW
Ohio and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves)
and is trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so
this tree would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and
the tree would be near the middle. I would like to start from a seed. I
looked on a tree website and there is a vast amount of possiblilities
that I'd like to narrow down. I know I can't have trees that can be
attacked by EAB and oaks seem to have problems of their own. What do
you suggest?

Tulip poplar.

Here are 5 of the tulip poplars in my back yard:

http://mysite.verizon.net/despen/tulip-poplar.jpg

You can come and take away all you want.
Got some in front too.

The leaf fall is monumental.

If I could get them to AZ and they would live here, I would take them!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, 10(X)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day