Posted to alt.home.repair

Default back yard tree

"JohnR66" wrote in message

I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW

Ohio
and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves) and is
trouble free to grow. My back yard is devoid of vegitation, so this tree
would get full sunlight. The back yard is 75 x 60 feet and the tree would

be
near the middle. I would like to start from a seed.

Telephone your city parks department. They ought to know
what will suit your needs e.g. shade, overall size, speed of
growth, and thrives locally.. (It is not usual to grow trees from
seed: you get a better start with saplings anything from 2 ft. to 8 ft.
tall.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

growth, and thrives locally.. (It is not usual to grow trees from
seed: you get a better start with saplings anything from 2 ft. to
8 ft. tall.)

Seed works for me. I've been in the same house since 1979, and there
are three 30-foot plus maples growing that were once "weeds." I started
another one in the back from a seed that I got from a nearby town, a
maple variety with the thin 3-prong leaves. Okay, I've been at it for a
couple of years and it's only four feet tall so far, but I'm patient.

back yard tree Dan Espen Home Repair 3 October 15th 08 03:49 AM
back yard tree badgolferman Home Repair 1 October 14th 08 04:17 PM
back yard tree RLM Home Repair 0 October 14th 08 03:43 PM
back yard tree LouB Home Repair 0 October 14th 08 03:20 PM
DIY project: run 110 vac to tree in front yard? LurfysMa Home Repair 22 December 21st 05 05:43 PM