Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brake retarders may not be used in this town

On 04/17/2015 02:30 PM, Oren wrote:
Apr. 17, 2015 - 2:09 - Raw video: Workers attempt to round up
honeybees after truck carrying bee crates crashes in Washington

Speak of the devil....

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...5-interchange/

That's a text version.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 04/17/2015 10:15 AM, Oren wrote:
In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

The long pull out of Baker to Mountain Pass, which is close to a 4000'
climb has signs suggestion people turn off their air conditioners in the
summer to prevent overheating. The car sized scorched patches on the
shoulders are from those that didn't and wished they had.

I was pulling my fiver when kids were young with Ford HD 250 towing
special it had really big rad. and separate tranny oil cooler.
During summer in the Rockies mountain roads, I never experienced over
heating. When kids got older and don't want camping holidays, I sold
the rig, built a small 4 season cabin on a patch of land at 4400'. If I
kept the rig it'd have depreciated down to almost nothing. Cabin has
more than doubled in value...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/17/2015 10:40 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/17/2015 10:15 AM, Oren wrote:
In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

The long pull out of Baker to Mountain Pass, which is close to a 4000'
climb has signs suggestion people turn off their air conditioners in the
summer to prevent overheating. The car sized scorched patches on the
shoulders are from those that didn't and wished they had.

Many people can't fathom why an AC (which cools the car)
would cause it to over heat. I know, but then, I've got
some knowledge how these things work.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:40:48 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/17/2015 10:15 AM, Oren wrote:
In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

The long pull out of Baker to Mountain Pass, which is close to a 4000'
climb has signs suggestion people turn off their air conditioners in the
summer to prevent overheating. The car sized scorched patches on the
shoulders are from those that didn't and wished they had.

All the big rigs have to move over to the far right lane. Looks like
a snake making its way up the mountain. The pass gets closed down
occasionally due to snow and ice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/17/2015 09:17 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
I was pulling my fiver when kids were young with Ford HD 250 towing
special it had really big rad. and separate tranny oil cooler.
During summer in the Rockies mountain roads, I never experienced over
heating.

Baker CA is a little different. They have the world's tallest
thermometer to tell you how hot it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%2...st_thermometer

The average high in July is 110 degrees F. The grade takes a toll on
poorly maintained vehicles where the driver has a Las Vegas or bust
mentality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:28:25 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/17/2015 09:17 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
I was pulling my fiver when kids were young with Ford HD 250 towing
special it had really big rad. and separate tranny oil cooler.
During summer in the Rockies mountain roads, I never experienced over
heating.

Baker CA is a little different. They have the world's tallest
thermometer to tell you how hot it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%2...st_thermometer

The average high in July is 110 degrees F. The grade takes a toll on
poorly maintained vehicles where the driver has a Las Vegas or bust
mentality.

Baker is approaching a ghost town. The ol man died and kids squable.

Fix or not "... the world's tallest thermometer"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/18/2015 1:13 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 07:42:15 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Many people can't fathom why an AC (which cools the car)
would cause it to over heat. I know, but then, I've got
some knowledge how these things work.

Do tell.

Paw says hey. Sis got new britches, and she
been walking purty good, now. Jethro dun git
lokkt up agin, been drinkin.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:55:38 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/17/2015 04:31 AM, micky wrote:
They had film on the news a couple weeks ago of a trailer carrying three
elephants. The truck almost turned over and the driver had two of the
elephants holding it from falling over completely.

It's always good to have an elephant around when you need him. Midwest
bees sometimes go on winter vacation in California. Actually, they are
leased out to pollinate the crops, and then are trucked back to the
Midwest in the spring. They're usually transported in their hives
stacked on a flatbed with a net over the load. I remember at least one
incident when the flatbed turned over.

This is exactly when you should have an elephant.

I guess what you do in a case
like that is run like hell and, if you're a nice guy, give the first
responders a heads up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:15:58 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:26:34 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 20:56:37 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/13/2015 11:00 AM, Oren wrote:
Some places out west have_Runaway truck ramp_ (s)
Sample pic:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/A7-Notbremsweg.jpg

Despite the gravel, this seems too short to work. The ones in Pa. are a
lot longer.

That's WAY out west

In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

Boy, that is long. With even a small amount of gravel in the runaway
ramp, any truck should be able to stop by the time it gets to LA.

Even trains have had problems (once a big fire that destroyed a number
of homes - rupturing gas lines to Vegas).

Rocket parts are shipped by train across the desert (top secret)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/19/2015 01:56 AM, micky wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:15:58 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:26:34 -0400, micky

In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

Boy, that is long. With even a small amount of gravel in the runaway
ramp, any truck should be able to stop by the time it gets to LA.

No need. Just take a little excursion out into the desert and you'll stop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brake retarders may not be used in this town Unrelate

Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

rbowman wrote:
On 04/17/2015 10:15 AM, Oren wrote:
In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

The long pull out of Baker to Mountain Pass, which is close to a 4000'
climb has signs suggestion people turn off their air conditioners in the
summer to prevent overheating. The car sized scorched patches on the
shoulders are from those that didn't and wished they had.

I was pulling my fiver when kids were young with Ford HD 250 towing
special it had really big rad. and separate tranny oil cooler.
During summer in the Rockies mountain roads, I never experienced over
heating. When kids got older and don't want camping holidays, I sold
the rig, built a small 4 season cabin on a patch of land at 4400'. If I
kept the rig it'd have depreciated down to almost nothing. Cabin has
more than doubled in value...

Dat's nize

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

On 4/17/2015 10:40 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/17/2015 10:15 AM, Oren wrote:
In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

The long pull out of Baker to Mountain Pass, which is close to a 4000'
climb has signs suggestion people turn off their air conditioners in the
summer to prevent overheating. The car sized scorched patches on the
shoulders are from those that didn't and wished they had.

Many people can't fathom why an AC (which cools the car)
would cause it to over heat. I know, but then, I've got
some knowledge how these things work.

Do tell.

He doesn't, but he's on his own comet.

--