Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Brake retarders may not be used in this town

rbowman wrote:
On 04/17/2015 10:15 AM, Oren wrote:
In southern California they are long... between Vegas and LA.

The long pull out of Baker to Mountain Pass, which is close to a 4000'
climb has signs suggestion people turn off their air conditioners in the
summer to prevent overheating. The car sized scorched patches on the
shoulders are from those that didn't and wished they had.

I was pulling my fiver when kids were young with Ford HD 250 towing
special it had really big rad. and separate tranny oil cooler.
During summer in the Rockies mountain roads, I never experienced over
heating. When kids got older and don't want camping holidays, I sold
the rig, built a small 4 season cabin on a patch of land at 4400'. If I
kept the rig it'd have depreciated down to almost nothing. Cabin has
more than doubled in value...