Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What plastic/rubber goes on the bottom of boot heels?

I went to a shoemaker who charges $30 to put two pieces of whatever
that black rubber/plastic is that goes on the bottom of my wife's
boot heel.

Can't I get the stuff, in bulk, somewhere and just glue it on?

Do you know what the stuff is?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 23:52:24 +0000 (UTC), Adair Bordon
wrote:

I went to a shoemaker who charges $30 to put two pieces of whatever
that black rubber/plastic is that goes on the bottom of my wife's
boot heel.

Can't I get the stuff, in bulk, somewhere and just glue it on?

Do you know what the stuff is?

Search for boot or shoe taps. Years ago they were tacked on.