Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Impeach the New England Deflatetriots!

I'm speaking for myself and the majority of football fans.

The Superbowl has a tradition of hard working honest, American football
players. Not cheaters! We dont want to watch cheaters, such as the New
England Patriots play in the Superbowl. A team who has already been
charged for cheating in the past. Now we have the deflated footballs
adding to their record of cheating. Not only do they defame the whole
foundation of the Superbowl, but they set a bad example for our young
people.

The time has come to Impeach the New England Deflatetriots!

Unless they have the BALLS to resign from playing the 49th Superbowl,
and concede the game to the Colts, they should be IMPEACHED, thus
retiring their team from professional football forever. The Colts were
the REAL winners. Even though their score was less, they played an
HONEST game. That alone makes them the true winners.

What's it going to be New England Deflatetriots?..... Are you going to
resign from playing the Superbowl, or must we unite and Impeach your
team permanently from pro-football?

If you do play the 49th Superbowl, there will be many people boycotting
the game, and boycotting the advertisers of this Superbowl. In the end,
many people will be harmed due to your cheating nature. To put it
bluntly, WE DONT WANT YOU PLAYING SUPERBOWL 49. YOU DIDN'T HONESTLY WIN
THE RIGHT TO PLAY THAT MOST IMPORTANT GAME, AND HAVE NO RIGHT PLAYING IN
THIS GAME. RESIGN NOW, OR THINGS WILL GET MUCH WORSE FOR YOUR CHEATING
TEAM!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 6:32:06 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

the NFL really needs to take a stand and vacate the win...

since the patriots have now cheated twice ....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 15:56:14 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

[...]

Show me the evidence!

I'm not a fan of either team, I hardly ever watch a game and I don't
have any money bet on the game. Either knock off the bull**** or show
me the evidence.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

the NFL really needs to take a stand and vacate the win...

Do you know or can you explain "vacate"?

since the patriots have now cheated twice ....

Citation requested! Bring it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/24/2015 6:56 PM, bob haller wrote:

the NFL really needs to take a stand and vacate the win...

since the patriots have now cheated twice ....

They should take a stand, but first, they have to prove it was done
intentionally and who did it

don't both teams use the same ball? If one team had an advantage, would
not the other team have the same advantage?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:45:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2015 6:56 PM, bob haller wrote:

the NFL really needs to take a stand and vacate the win...

since the patriots have now cheated twice ....

They should take a stand, but first, they have to prove it was done
intentionally and who did it

don't both teams use the same ball?

Apparently not, except when there is an interception or a fumble
recoverd by the other side.

I was amazed to hear that this week.

If one team had an advantage, would
not the other team have the same advantage?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:45:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

don't both teams use the same ball?

And I guess when the opposing team receives a punt.

I wonder what ball is used on kick-off.

There seem to be 12 balls for each team. I know golf balls get
damaged, and baseballs get scuffed, but how do footballs get damaged and
can one side possibly use 12 balls in a game? More than one or two?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2015 6:56 PM, bob haller wrote:

the NFL really needs to take a stand and vacate the win...

since the patriots have now cheated twice ....

They should take a stand, but first, they have to prove it was done
intentionally and who did it

don't both teams use the same ball? If one team had an advantage, would
not the other team have the same advantage?

Nope. At the beginning of the game, the refs look over the 24 game
balls. Then 12 are given to each time with the ball handlers the
responsibility of the home team (at least for another couple weeks). The
game balls are then taken from each team's stash as they need them.
FWIW, there is another group of balls that are blown to a slightly
higher level that are used exclusively for kicking.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
micky wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:45:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

don't both teams use the same ball?

And I guess when the opposing team receives a punt.

I wonder what ball is used on kick-off.

There is a third group for kicking that are blown up a little higher
than the game balls so they travel further.

There seem to be 12 balls for each team. I know golf balls get
damaged, and baseballs get scuffed, but how do footballs get damaged and
can one side possibly use 12 balls in a game? More than one or two?

The players keep balls as mementos after TDs, interceptions, fumble
recoveries and such.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 22:19:35 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
micky wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:45:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

don't both teams use the same ball?

And I guess when the opposing team receives a punt.

I wonder what ball is used on kick-off.

There is a third group for kicking that are blown up a little higher
than the game balls so they travel further.

Wow.

There seem to be 12 balls for each team. I know golf balls get
damaged, and baseballs get scuffed, but how do footballs get damaged and
can one side possibly use 12 balls in a game? More than one or two?

The players keep balls as mementos after TDs, interceptions, fumble
recoveries and such.

That makes sense. And I knew it too, come to think about it, but I
guess I thought it was much more rare. (Of course they don't use 12 in
every game. That must be a max.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 21:46:06 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:45:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2015 6:56 PM, bob haller wrote:

the NFL really needs to take a stand and vacate the win...

since the patriots have now cheated twice ....

They should take a stand, but first, they have to prove it was done
intentionally and who did it

don't both teams use the same ball?

Apparently not, except when there is an interception or a fumble
recoverd by the other side.

And that's how this escapade got started. Someone from another team
intercepted a pass and thought the ball was softer than it should be and
reported it. And I think I heard that that had happened wrt the
Patriots a couple weeks earlier too.

OTOH, the suggestion today that cold weather made the pressure go down
certainly makes sense.

OT3H, how come the same guy(s) who intercepted passes and thought the
pressure was low didn't feel that way when they handled their own team
balls the same day or in weather just as cold. OT4H were these
interceptions by guys who never hold the ball on offense, and if that
were the case, how can they judge how firm they are?

OT3H2, if the cold weather makes the pressure go down enough to matter,
surely they noticed this the first year they had a standard pressure for
football games -- 50 years ago -- and either did the inflation checking
outside, or inflated to a higher pressure to give it room to go down.
And by now there would be loads written about what pressure at what
temp, every team would have rules, and it woudn't have taken the
Patriots several days to think of this as a reason.

I was amazed to hear that this week.

If one team had an advantage, would
not the other team have the same advantage?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
micky wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 21:46:06 -0500, micky

OTOH, the suggestion today that cold weather made the pressure go down
certainly makes sense.

Until you notice that 11 of 12 Patriot balls were below pressure while
NONE of the Colt's balls were. Same environment but different pressures?

OT3H, how come the same guy(s) who intercepted passes and thought the
pressure was low didn't feel that way when they handled their own team
balls the same day or in weather just as cold. OT4H were these
interceptions by guys who never hold the ball on offense, and if that
were the case, how can they judge how firm they are?

Because the Colts' balls weren't low, only the Patriots.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/24/2015 10:19 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

The players keep balls as mementos after TDs, interceptions, fumble
recoveries and such.

After an inventory of my balls, I guess I've only had two touchdowns.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 22:39:14 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
micky wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 21:46:06 -0500, micky

OTOH, the suggestion today that cold weather made the pressure go down
certainly makes sense.

Until you notice that 11 of 12 Patriot balls were below pressure while
NONE of the Colt's balls were. Same environment but different pressures?

They must keep the Colts' balls heated!!! It must have taken 3 days to
learn that.

I googled football heater and got About 2,880,000 results (0.34
seconds). The Patriots must be too cheap to buy one.

OT3H, how come the same guy(s) who intercepted passes and thought the
pressure was low didn't feel that way when they handled their own team
balls the same day or in weather just as cold. OT4H were these
interceptions by guys who never hold the ball on offense, and if that
were the case, how can they judge how firm they are?

Because the Colts' balls weren't low, only the Patriots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:22:29 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 22:39:14 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
micky wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 21:46:06 -0500, micky

OTOH, the suggestion today that cold weather made the pressure go down
certainly makes sense.

Until you notice that 11 of 12 Patriot balls were below pressure while
NONE of the Colt's balls were. Same environment but different pressures?

They must keep the Colts' balls heated!!! It must have taken 3 days to
learn that.

I googled football heater and got About 2,880,000 results (0.34
seconds). The Patriots must be too cheap to buy one.

The previous post was a joke of course, but the 15th hit was this
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...warm-footballs

which was written almost 2 months ago and talks about heating footballs
at the game, with heaters, or by kicking them, etc. And you may not do
it. So I apologize to any members of the Colts staff who were
encouraged by my post to heat the balls. I hope they get my retraction
before this Sunday's game, if there is one, and before next season.

OT3H, how come the same guy(s) who intercepted passes and thought the
pressure was low didn't feel that way when they handled their own team
balls the same day or in weather just as cold. OT4H were these
interceptions by guys who never hold the ball on offense, and if that
were the case, how can they judge how firm they are?

Because the Colts' balls weren't low, only the Patriots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 22:54:25 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2015 10:19 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

The players keep balls as mementos after TDs, interceptions, fumble
recoveries and such.

After an inventory of my balls, I guess I've only had two touchdowns.

I bet you were using a ball warmer. Right before and during those
touchdowns too!!!

I just hope you checked your balls for proper inflation before the
games! Otherwise you may be called a Cheater too.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2015 10:19 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

The players keep balls as mementos after TDs, interceptions, fumble
recoveries and such.

After an inventory of my balls, I guess I've only had two touchdowns.

Well other team's guys get the fumbles.... and I am supposing you don't
want to talk at all about the interceptions. (grin)'