Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT? Plumbers In England

Plumbers in England are a bit different:

http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 6, 5:27*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Plumbers in England are a bit different:

http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

TDD

I had to chuckle, even if it was in bad taste - pun intended
Posted to alt.home.repair

I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. But I saw a sign on
back of a septic pumping truck "CAUTION STOOL BUS".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message

wrote:
Plumbers in England are a bit different:

http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

TDD

I had to chuckle, even if it was in bad taste - pun intended

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 6, 6:27*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Plumbers in England are a bit different:

http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

TDD

Zat Harry's truck?
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Plumbers in England are a bit different:
http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

The picture is faked. The text was added with photoshop.

There are a number of similar pictures being circulated via e-mail
showing absurd or provacative text superimposed on various items.

One that I got recently was of a woman with a white shirt walking toward
the camera carrying a paper bag in her right hand and her wallet in the
other. The words superimposed on the shirt say "I don't need sex - My
government ****s Me everyday". The e-mail subject is "a woman in touch
with reality".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 6, 2:38*pm, Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Plumbers in England are a bit different:
http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

The picture is faked. *The text was added with photoshop.

There are a number of similar pictures being circulated via e-mail
showing absurd or provacative text superimposed on various items.

One that I got recently was of a woman with a white shirt walking toward
the camera carrying a paper bag in her right hand and her wallet in the
other. *The words superimposed on the shirt say "I don't need sex - My
government ****s Me everyday". *The e-mail subject is "a woman in touch
with reality".

Yes I think you're right. The number plate has a strange number (like
20yrs old) and is in an illegal position too. (We don't buy new
plates every year)
The background looks UK but four or five years ago (petrol prices)

Probably illegal to use languge like that now in our PC society.

The phone number looks viable.
http://www.area-codes.org.uk/01444.shtml

Glad to see you're back Duf, wondered where you were. I was hoping
you hadn't died or anything, how would we know?
How are you keeping?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Plumbers in England are a bit different:
http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

The picture is faked. The text was added with photoshop.

There are a number of similar pictures being circulated via e-mail
showing absurd or provacative text superimposed on various items.

One that I got recently was of a woman with a white shirt walking
toward the camera carrying a paper bag in her right hand and her
wallet in the other. The words superimposed on the shirt say "I
don't need sex - My government ****s Me everyday". The e-mail
subject is "a woman in touch with reality".

do you think this one was?
http://picpaste.com/On_Hwy_80_8.6.11-Gz2V9btG.jpg
I can tell you it's not, because I know who took it

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:39:33 -0500, "ChairMan" nospam@nospam wrote:

http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

The picture is faked. The text was added with photoshop.

There are a number of similar pictures being circulated via e-mail
showing absurd or provacative text superimposed on various items.

One that I got recently was of a woman with a white shirt walking
toward the camera carrying a paper bag in her right hand and her
wallet in the other. The words superimposed on the shirt say "I
don't need sex - My government ****s Me everyday". The e-mail
subject is "a woman in touch with reality".

do you think this one was?
http://picpaste.com/On_Hwy_80_8.6.11-Gz2V9btG.jpg
I can tell you it's not, because I know who took it

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture...stiff_nipp.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 6, 8:38*am, Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Plumbers in England are a bit different:
http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

The picture is faked. *The text was added with photoshop.

There are a number of similar pictures being circulated via e-mail
showing absurd or provacative text superimposed on various items.

One that I got recently was of a woman with a white shirt walking toward
the camera carrying a paper bag in her right hand and her wallet in the
other. *The words superimposed on the shirt say "I don't need sex - My
government ****s Me everyday". *The e-mail subject is "a woman in touch
with reality".

I dont think the price of the gas was faked on the sign though. Holy
cow 9.59 for how much gas?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 7, 3:51*am, RickH wrote:
On Oct 6, 8:38*am, Home Guy wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Plumbers in England are a bit different:
http://picpaste.com/pics/vanturd.1317894491.jpg

The picture is faked. *The text was added with photoshop.

There are a number of similar pictures being circulated via e-mail
showing absurd or provacative text superimposed on various items.

One that I got recently was of a woman with a white shirt walking toward
the camera carrying a paper bag in her right hand and her wallet in the
other. *The words superimposed on the shirt say "I don't need sex - My
government ****s Me everyday". *The e-mail subject is "a woman in touch
with reality".

I dont think the price of the gas was faked on the sign though. *Holy
cow 9.59 for how much gas?

That is £0.95 for a litre of petrol = $1.50 /litre = $6/USgallon.
That was a few years back, It's more like $8 now.
There are places in Europe where it's even more expensive.
http://www.drive-alive.co.uk/fuel_prices_europe.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

In message
, harry
writes
On Oct 7, 3:51*am, RickH wrote:
On Oct 6, 8:38*am, Home Guy wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

The van 'M' registration is Aug 1994 to Jul 1995.

The position of the number plate is probably OK. Occasionally I see the
back end of a large van or truck, and wonder where the number plate has
gone. Then I spot it, somewhere right up at the top. Even if it is
illegal today, it probably wasn't when the van was new.

The petrol prices are for around late 2005 to 2006.

The phone number is for the Haywards Heath area (Sussex).

Maybe a Photoshop expert could dissect the image (like they did with
Obama's birth certificate) and tell us if the words are genuine?
--
Ian
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ian Jackson wrote:

Maybe a Photoshop expert could dissect the image (like they did with
Obama's birth certificate) and tell us if the words are genuine?

Obama's birth certificate was provided to the media as a PDF file,
composed of internal layers and objects some of which were suspicious in
their construction and placement.

Only those with PDF editing software could look at this internal
construction and essentially take the document apart.

But a few days after Obama's birth certificate was released, Obama
called on the services of "Diverter Man" to divert the attention of the
media to another story - that being the assassination of Osama Bin
Laden.

Both Bush and Obama have called on the services of Diverter Man from
time to time over the past 10 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote

That is £0.95 for a litre of petrol = $1.50 /litre = $6/USgallon.
That was a few years back, It's more like $8 now.
There are places in Europe where it's even more expensive.
http://www.drive-alive.co.uk/fuel_prices_europe.html

I'm in Italy for a couple of weeks. I'm paying $7.75 US Gallon for diesel,
gas is just over $8.

The Euro is $1.346 today.

Slovenia v England Saxman[_2_] UK diy 1 June 23rd 10 02:50 PM
OT Absurd in England Roger Shoaf Metalworking 10 November 21st 09 03:15 AM
ENGLAND-UKRAINE www.ENGLAND.KIEV.ua UK diy 6 February 26th 06 10:15 AM
england Graeme :\) Woodturning 1 October 3rd 05 01:23 PM
Trip to England S S Law NH Woodturning 1 September 14th 04 01:25 PM