Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

I have a slow lead in the side wall that came from scraping some kind of sharp object laying by the curb. Looks like a 1/2-inch cut, but jagged. Tire is tubeless radial. Is it possible to patch something like this on the side wall? Patch kits say they are for the tread but don't say specifically not to use them on the side.

2nd thought -- can I put a tube in it? Seems like I remember tire places say tubeless can't be fixed with a tube, but I can't see why not.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

SJ

new metal back box sunken into wall.... wall plastered..... screwthread missing in side lug when trying to screw new socket to the wall....what to do? Stephen[_16_] UK diy 18 July 7th 14 08:23 PM
OT Tire slow leak KenK Home Repair 94 March 21st 14 09:53 PM
Install Wall oven. Old junction box mounted on cabinet side wall. [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 25th 13 08:54 PM
Amana Side-by-side small leak Roy Starrin Home Repair 1 February 27th 06 02:11 PM
New roof, same leak down side of chimney Rich Home Repair 8 September 11th 04 01:56 PM