Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Install Wall oven. Old junction box mounted on cabinet side wall.

I'm replacing a wall oven. I've made the opening a bit larger to accommodate the new oven and have installed 2X3 runners to support it. the previous installation had the electrical junction box mounted on the side of the cabinet wall with a wire running through a hole in the drywall at the back of the cabinet. I was hoping to just wire it into this box. Is that ok?

Also, When I was unpacking the new oven, I ripped open a plastic ziplock on the top of the oven thinking it was install instructions. It was info for technicians. The bag was really stuck on. Was I supposed to remove this or should I try to get the rest of what's left of it off.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd add a picture but I can't see where to.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:00:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm replacing a wall oven. I've made the opening a bit larger to accommodate the new oven and have installed 2X3 runners to support it. the previous installation had the electrical junction box mounted on the side of the cabinet wall with a wire running through a hole in the drywall at the back of the cabinet. I was hoping to just wire it into this box. Is that ok?

Every installation manual for an oven that I've seen had a diagram
that clearly shows the permitted locations for the electrical junction box.
Given that it's an oven and various parts of it can get hot, I would
follow the location and clearance instructions.

Also, When I was unpacking the new oven, I ripped open a plastic ziplock on the top of the oven thinking it was install instructions. It was info for technicians. The bag was really stuck on. Was I supposed to remove this or should I try to get the rest of what's left of it off.

Who knows.. Didn't see any such thing on my Kitchenaid wall ovens.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd add a picture but I can't see where to..

You can't add pics to this newsgroup. You'd have to post them on one
of the pic hosting websites.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:00:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm replacing a wall oven. I've made the opening a bit larger to accommodate the new oven and have installed 2X3 runners to support it. the previous installation had the electrical junction box mounted on the side of the cabinet wall with a wire running through a hole in the drywall at the back of the cabinet. I was hoping to just wire it into this box. Is that ok?

Also, When I was unpacking the new oven, I ripped open a plastic ziplock on the top of the oven thinking it was install instructions. It was info for technicians. The bag was really stuck on. Was I supposed to remove this or should I try to get the rest of what's left of it off.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd add a picture but I can't see where to..

Thanks

I'd leave the bag on. Many appliances put a copy of schematics/wiring diagrams inside so that repairmen have them. Otherwise the repairmen would have carry around thousands of them.